WHY I CHANGED THE SITE - BY JOOSHEAD - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Your post count and therefore rank - unlike before I can assign a specific rank to an individual. Had it not occurred to you that something might be in the pipeline to allow the more dedicated supporters of the site to benefit from this fact. Sheesh - How many times did you read " we are still working on things" "this is a work in progress" in the hi an welcome posts.

Really? No kidding? Huh, go figure.

I like this site allot. No, really I do! Just two nits (What, you think I'd keep quiet? ):

View new posts - can this be on every page?

Ex: I post a reply then I have to go back to the main forum page and hit VNP again.

Smilies: They bite toads' gnads. You gonna embellish them?

Out side of those two, great job Joos, et al! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheelnut
View new posts - can this be on every page?

Ex: I post a reply then I have to go back to the main forum page and hit VNP again.

Smilies: They bite toads' gnads. You gonna embellish them?
#1 hmmmmmmm let me look into that.

#2 ohh yes they do, amd I will sort them it says so in the first post. (it is not trivial in admin as they are a one by one job.....*sigh*)

Behave, be nice and we'll all get along just fine.
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Farkle Trainee

Not only are you d' law, you d' man! Thanks!

And sorry for missing the Smilie comment in your original post. I fell asleep just before it came up...

post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Sheesh pour your heart on the page and Monsieur leNut goes catatonic before the end!

Behave, be nice and we'll all get along just fine.
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Joos

Ditto to all thats been said in praise of your efforts. I for one would still have enjoyed my FJR without this site, BUT! with the site (in each of its incarnations) my riding and farkling experience and enjoyment has been exponentially increased.

Oh and BTW I am running this on a commodore 64 but I am looking at upgrading to one of those new fangled machines with the windows, soon

Silverado
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 03:58 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Well I'm one that is not particularly computer savvy, and it took a couple of days to figure out how to navigate around this site. But, now I've gotten used to it and like it alot.

Thanks JOOS, for all the work you do. I'm fine with whatever you do. But then it doesn't matter if it works for me, I suppose.

I'm glad to have the forum to go to.

Glenn

Joos I have trouble dealing with whiners too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooshead
Sheesh pour your heart on the page and Monsieur leNut goes catatonic before the end!
Ahh, mon ami, I'm always in a catatonic state (some say stupor), but even veggies have to shnooze sometime!
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Farkle Trainee

Well, like Gr8eyes I'm not exceptional when it comes to computers (that's when grandkids come in handy ) but I am getting used to the changes with this new site, and I like it A LOT !!
Thanks Joos for all the hard work in putting it together.
Look forward to seeing ya again, this time in Reno
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Jwm
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to Jwm
Joosehead, I have read the reasoning behind the change. Given that insight, I apologise for any adverse comments and take your logic and reasoning onboard. As I said in my post, maybe, just maybe, I am getting older and I am adverse to change. Familiarity provides some comfort.
Having said that, I am adapting to the new site.In 20yrs time when we are once again forced to change the structure and nature of the FJR site, there is probably every chance that I will rasie the issue about change once again.
Keep up the good work, it is appreciated.
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Joos - A good job well done.

Thanks

Colin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page