Can-Am - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 01:28 PM
FJR Top Gun

If you live in a neighborhood with a small lot you live close to a storage company and can rent a small storage garage for her POS.

Professional Mechanic
2014 Yamaha FJR
2001 Suzuki Bandit Highly modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 01:33 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
I have a 2200 sq/ft shop. Last year I added a 350 sq/ft loft for storage and this year I enclosed under the loft to add more heated space. We are planning to add a 400 sq/ft pole addition to the side for storing stuff. I don't have to persuade Spousal Unit to make these additions since she has more motorcyles in the shop than I do.
Plus you had to have space for that tractor you bought her as a birthday present so she could cut the grass on the homestead... and you have the built-in "doghouse" guest room that I'm pretty freakin' sure you're not gonna ever need.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

I think the only reason we are still here is that she is 6 miles from work which is just about the same from her house. That is the only reason I never moved was 10 minutes from work. She still has 10 more years to work and only 7 if she is lucky so we are here unless a lottery win is involved. We have talked about selling out and getting a small ranch job and 5 car garage but we still have no idea where we would want to go. We went out riding today with her on the Can-Am and me on her Vulcan 650S which was a left over 2015 we got in April 2016 AND she only put 293 miles on. She has already put more miles on the Can-Am than the Vulcan but this time it is with a big smile. It is kinda fun to ride (Vulcan) but not near a fun as the FJR.

Real Name - Bobby
2001 ZRX1200
2008 ZX14
2015 FJR1300A
2015 Vulcan S (Wife) "Now Mine"

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 05:35 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

It appears from your posts that she: has you moving your stuff outside to make room for her Can-Am; riding her Vulcan 650 instead of your Feejer; and probably next it will be running to the store to pick up her feminine hygiene supplies. Better go ahead and turn in your man-card before the authorities have to come and pick it up...
georgepittenger likes this.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 05:45 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgedelta View Post
and probably next it will be running to the store to pick up her feminine hygiene supplies. Better go ahead and turn in your man-card before the authorities have to come and pick it up...
Stop drinking the soy milk and whatever she says don't believe her about your funny new underwear!
georgepittenger likes this.

2018 FRJ1300ES Matte Cobalt Metallic Blue
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 10:39 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Should be a "gently used Vulcan" for sale ad coming up soon........
passx and justacrossthehill like this.

Ray
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 01:24 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
Out our way we are seeing some new homes being built that are essentially horse barns with an apartment in them. They have a second story that runs along the centerline. The first floor is split between garage/shop and living space. Some are huge with 6-8,000 sq/ft. It would be perfect for me.

Housing prices are going crazy out here. A neighbor of my daughter built a house a few years ago for $400k. They put it on the market a month ago for $550k. It sold in a few days for $720k to people from CA who had never seen the place and paid cash.

Last edited by Pterodactyl; 10-18-2020 at 08:58 AM.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 08:20 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The trick is not to build any stalls in those lower "shop" sections. Those big things on 4 legs are pure money pits. Several of them around here.
Real estate prices are up ~25% in general and people are moving out of populated areas. Car sales are up 40% and used car inventories here are at an all time low, used car prices are up (as I'm finding as I help my niece shop for a newer used car).
passx likes this.

Ray
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 09:07 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

We're considering doing the barn / home thing in a couple of years. It's conceivable that we could have my wife's mother with us at any point, and I can see doing a large building with two living quarters sharing a common kitchen. We also have a 30' RV that I'd like to park inside and plug in that I could use as a den or reading area. The way I see it, that thing is 280 or so square feet of living space that's just wasted sitting in the yard.

My wife is always into one sort of art or another, and she could utilize a portion of the barn area for painting, pottery, or whatever is her passion of the moment. I would use part of it for the bikes and maintenance on the cars, bikes, and the aforementioned RV.

Just keepin' up with traffic, Officer.

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 10:58 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
We're considering doing the barn / home thing in a couple of years. It's conceivable that we could have my wife's mother with us at any point, and I can see doing a large building with two living quarters sharing a common kitchen. We also have a 30' RV that I'd like to park inside and plug in that I could use as a den or reading area. The way I see it, that thing is 280 or so square feet of living space that's just wasted sitting in the yard.

My wife is always into one sort of art or another, and she could utilize a portion of the barn area for painting, pottery, or whatever is her passion of the moment. I would use part of it for the bikes and maintenance on the cars, bikes, and the aforementioned RV.
If an in-law is going to be living with you, then disregard RaYzerman's advice and build in a stall.
Mr_Ed and passx like this.

Kevin
The Outpost, Silver City, MT
2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page