So this happened.... - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 08:06 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunia720 View Post
I'd tell the dealership the frickin center stand must of failed!!! Gives ya a little insight to my mind, lol!

No wonder they don't want Nunia (business).
nunia720 likes this.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 02:03 PM
Training wheels fitted!

JB Weld sold everywhere. I have never had it fail.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 02:17 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

When I bought my FJR I thought that the mirrors were far to tight on their mountings. If I am filtering I like looser mirrors so that if I clip a car mirror mine just folds back with no damage. I removed both mirrors, took away one of the washers and re arranged the others so that the mirrors are far easier to fold in - seems to work and if it should fall over far less chance of breaking the fixing.
cra-z1 likes this.

2018 Phantom Blue

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

I applied a layer of epoxy (Permatex) last night, it seems to be holding up pretty good. Wondering if i should put another layer on top today.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 04:51 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Sorry to hear about this. Were you actually sitting on the bike when you rolled it off center stand? If not, that certainly sounds like risky business...I always sit on it and give it a good push forward and it just rolls off easily...
dagriff60 likes this.

2016 ES
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 05:30 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenk View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Were you actually sitting on the bike when you rolled it off center stand? If not, that certainly sounds like risky business...I always sit on it and give it a good push forward and it just rolls off easily...
This topic was covered thoroughly in this thread -> https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/9-f...ter-stand.html. PLEASE let's not go through that again.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 06:44 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linton West View Post
When I bought my FJR I thought that the mirrors were far to tight on their mountings. If I am filtering I like looser mirrors so that if I clip a car mirror mine just folds back with no damage. I removed both mirrors, took away one of the washers and re arranged the others so that the mirrors are far easier to fold in - seems to work and if it should fall over far less chance of breaking the fixing.
The trouble is, when the bike falls down, the mirror is forced upwards, not forward or backwards.
passx and Kenobi like this.

FJR Models owned from new, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2014.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenk View Post
I was sitting on the bike when rolled off, i lost footing when the forks bounced and went to the right side. The mirror was forced upwards when it came in contact with a shelf in the garage.

I am happy to report the epoxy is holding up good, i took a spin earlier this evening and no problem at all.

I took me a good amount of time to put the dashboard and battery panel back together. the center top 2 screw on the dash board is very difficult to screw back on. Is like it is not catching the threads. any ideas?
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 09:50 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
I was sitting on the bike when rolled off, i lost footing when the forks bounced and went to the right side. The mirror was forced upwards when it came in contact with a shelf in the garage.

I am happy to report the epoxy is holding up good, i took a spin earlier this evening and no problem at all.

I took me a good amount of time to put the dashboard and battery panel back together. the center top 2 screw on the dash board is very difficult to screw back on. Is like it is not catching the threads. any ideas?
Have you had the courage to attempt folding the mirror forward yet?

2016 FJR 1300 A. cobalt blue metallic..Delkevic 13" tri ovals,Yamaha comfort seats, Yamaha touring windscreen, Mich PR 4 Gt's.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertO2016 View Post
Have you had the courage to attempt folding the mirror forward yet?
lol..yes, i have learned my lesson. Gonna fold the mirrors whenever i park.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page