Idiots On Motorcycles - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 09:39 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

A-holes seem to be plentiful these days and not restricted to any particular group or society. I have taken to something I never thought I would Have to and that is open carry. Initially my wife and kids were a little shocked but being that there is no shortage of “asshats” these days they have come to accept it and even condone it some.

Several years ago (pre fjr) I was coming home from work on my 76gl1000 and had some Ricky racer redneck wanna-be come off a ramp in his old Chevy pickup with a rifle in the back window get pissed off at me when I honked the horn at him because he never looked to see if it was clear to merge in. He was really po’d and seemed intent on at the least extremely closely riding my azz or just ramming me. I accelerated to triple digits to get away and put a mile or so between us and reduced down to 75-80mph. After a very little bit I seen him coming hard in the rear view So I went back up to 110+ But he was still coming.

It was a crowded 4 lane and lucky for me a guy in a semi realized what was going on and waved me to pull in front of him which I did and pulled over to the berm using the semi as a pick to turn down a side road. The guy in the pickup locked his brakes to try to follow me but the semi driver kept him blocked so he couldn’t, never seen a semi do the things that driver did, simply amazing.

Years ago I would’ve ok to just pullover & go toe to toe but now being older and not so healthy & I ain’t taking no beating,,, well anyway,,,,, back to bikes!

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

Last edited by passx; 09-09-2020 at 09:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 10:57 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
Well, I figure it's them being nice. I'm not in any particular hurry, just having a little fun is all. But yeah in the unusual event that they start to ping-pong the lines or cross, I do the same thing.
Yeah, you can tell the difference in the ones trying to get out of your way and the ones wanting to show you their speed.

The ones that wave us by get a friendly wave, but then everybody I pass gets a wave. It's a thing with me.

I had heard somewhere that accelerating while someone was passing you is an actual infraction, but I don't know how you'd prove it. I pass very decisively on a motorcycle, but my diesel truck doesn't pass *that* decisively. LOL

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 08:29 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
I have taken to something I never thought I would Have to and that is open carry.

While not motocyclene, I thought I'd just comment about this. While I support it whole heartedly (and Constitutional Carry should be ubiquitous) I will continue to cc so that the oc folks can distract the bad guys while I get to cover.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 12:01 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
While not motocyclene, I thought I'd just comment about this. While I support it whole heartedly (and Constitutional Carry should be ubiquitous) I will continue to cc so that the oc folks can distract the bad guys while I get to cover.
Ha ha, good thinking. They stress that pretty heavily in class too.
bounce likes this.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 05:03 PM
Farkle Trainee

My idiot days on bikes is way in the past. At an early age I learned I was no match for a cage and watched a few bikes crash and burn for no other reason that rider stupidity. I do not ride fast and honestly I am not a real good rider so I stay in my comfort zone and hope to ride another day. I usually ride by myself so I do not hold back others but for some STUPID reason when I get on my 2008 ZX14 I get irritated when people get in front of me - imagine that.
philharmonic and jblanken64 like this.

Real Name - Bobby
2001 ZRX1200
2008 ZX14
2015 FJR1300A
2015 Vulcan S (Wife)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page