Idiots On Motorcycles - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-06-2020, 11:08 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by philharmonic View Post
Speaking of four wheels, adrenaline and sdupid, have you ever ran up through a couple of gears, to get away from a clump of cagers, and before you know it, there's three of them coming up behind you at 95mph playing tag with each other. That's on a weekday, on Friday or Saturday night you start an amateur demolition derby, testosterone is a lethal weapon.

All the time!!! And usually I'm passing because I don't want to be in their blind spot coupled with they are not consistent with their speed. I just want away but it ends up being taken as a threat to their manhood or something. It's been so bad at times I have gotten off for a unneeded refuel or bathroom break!!
passx likes this.

New to me 2003 FJR1300
2003 Ninja 500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 12:22 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philharmonic View Post
Speaking of four wheels, adrenaline and sdupid, have you ever ran up through a couple of gears, to get away from a clump of cagers, and before you know it, there's three of them coming up behind you at 95mph playing tag with each other. That's on a weekday, on Friday or Saturday night you start an amateur demolition derby, testosterone is a lethal weapon.
Not a clump, but it happens more often than I would believe if I didn't see it so often...

When I come up behind someone on a curvy road going slowly, usually a cager, they see me in the rearview and suddenly want to show me how fast they can go. Looks so stupid. So I have to back way off to keep the moron from running wide in the turns... hanging way back until their blast of testosterone is finished. So dickless... or maybe they just don't have anything better to do.

And then there's the complete asshat that decides he (yes, it's usually a 'he') wants to show how fast he can go after I pass him. He's tooling along, minding his own business, so I pass as safely and briefly as I can and then I see and hear Cletus giving it the beans to show me that he shouldn't have been passed. (?)

It's not just bikes though... one night, driving my diesel pickup on a backroad with a few passing zones, came up behind another truck driving slowly. As soon as I hit the long passing zone, I went around. As soon as I was ready to pull back in, where's that truck? He had floored it and was right on my flank. I pulled back in right in front of him and the guy rides my ass hard. I'm not taking my diesel truck to the races, so two or three turns later, I just pulled over. Have no idea what that dickweed's issue was. So yeah, it's not just people on bikes.
passx and Haynes like this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 01:57 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsilver View Post
Not a clump, but it happens more often than I would believe if I didn't see it so often...

When I come up behind someone on a curvy road going slowly, usually a cager, they see me in the rearview and suddenly want to show me how fast they can go. Looks so stupid. So I have to back way off to keep the moron from running wide in the turns... hanging way back until their blast of testosterone is finished. So dickless... or maybe they just don't have anything better to do.

And then there's the complete asshat that decides he (yes, it's usually a 'he') wants to show how fast he can go after I pass him. He's tooling along, minding his own business, so I pass as safely and briefly as I can and then I see and hear Cletus giving it the beans to show me that he shouldn't have been passed. (?)

It's not just bikes though... one night, driving my diesel pickup on a backroad with a few passing zones, came up behind another truck driving slowly. As soon as I hit the long passing zone, I went around. As soon as I was ready to pull back in, where's that truck? He had floored it and was right on my flank. I pulled back in right in front of him and the guy rides my ass hard. I'm not taking my diesel truck to the races, so two or three turns later, I just pulled over. Have no idea what that dickweed's issue was. So yeah, it's not just people on bikes.
You can take discomfort in knowing that this behavior is widespread throughout societies' struggle with offensive disorder.
Liquidsilver likes this.

2016 FJR 1300 A. cobalt blue metallic..Delkevic 13" tri ovals,Yamaha comfort seats, Yamaha touring windscreen, Mich PR 4 Gt's.

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 02:48 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertO2016 View Post
You can take discomfort in knowing that this behavior is widespread throughout societies' struggle with offensive disorder.
Hey Robert!!!!!!!!!! I was happy to see that last storm missed you guys.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 03:08 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
Hey Robert!!!!!!!!!! I was happy to see that last storm missed you guys.
Hey, I appreciate that Jim. We dodged another bullet for sure. Still not out of the woods this season but we'll keep our fingers crossed. I hope you and yours are doing well these days. Hope to see you again sometime.

2016 FJR 1300 A. cobalt blue metallic..Delkevic 13" tri ovals,Yamaha comfort seats, Yamaha touring windscreen, Mich PR 4 Gt's.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 05:13 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:

When I come up behind someone on a curvy road going slowly, usually a cager, they see me in the rearview and suddenly want to show me how fast they can go. Looks so stupid. So I have to back way off to keep the moron from running wide in the turns... hanging way back until their blast of testosterone is finished. So dickless... or maybe they just don't have anything better to do. .............
Well, I figure it's them being nice. I'm not in any particular hurry, just having a little fun is all. But yeah in the unusual event that they start to ping-pong the lines or cross, I do the same thing.

Some folks merely slow down even more. I don't want to speculate whether they're doing that in an attempt to annoy someone because I'm not in their heads. I've had some pull over and wave me around. Too nice... didn't ask for it (riding bumper, flashing/waving headlamp, weaving the lane, acting a fool, etcetera...) or expect it.

Quote:

This, this, this. Yes... wwaayy too often I see this happen with others, and have had it happen. When I notice someone passing me on a single lane, I slow down to let them back in sooner... not try to speed up and create a head-on situation. That's just not cool. I don't own the road, but there are some that like to pretend they *do*.

Had one pickup with three lanes of late-evening easy traffic doing 70mph, decide he wants to do 71MPH in the far left lane. Not a soul in front of him. There are no left-hand exits along this highway. So it takes him a good 1/4mi to pass one vehicle and by the time there's enough space for a safe lane-change, there's another vehicle ahead. Didn't want slalom through traffic to get around so I just hung back and very patiently waited. After very patiently waiting for several exits, finally got an opportunity get around. I signal, slow lane-change, start to come around and the nutball speeds up. So I speed up, signal, make it around, then slow down to 80/75 depending on conditions. But now he's all of sudden in a hurry and are looking at GRILL in my rear-view for the next couple of miles. Didn't brake-check or drive any differently, I just ignored him. Apparently he was getting that close to phone in my plate because he only backed off about a 1/2 mile before there was a cop standing on the side of the road outside the car. Probably told the dude I just ran him off the road or something.

The lesson they've taught me is, when you pass, P-A-S-S... pass them like they're sitting still. Don't even give them the possibility of entertaining a challenge. By the time they drop a gear you're already a vehicle length ahead and getting back over. It seems rude as **** but it keeps the road games to a minimum.
bounce and Chameleon like this.

Stock 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6S Blue >60k miles
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 05:41 PM
Farkle Trainee

Long and short is we live in a sh*t for brains inhabited country. No other explanation fits. I really am fearful of what might happen on 11/03 if things don't go the way some folks would like and that's on either side of the coin.
bounce, Chameleon, passx and 3 others like this.

2010 FJR1300A
1993 BMW R1100RSL (mint)
2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS
2008 Ford Escape
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 06:21 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
Long and short is we live in a sh*t for brains inhabited country. No other explanation fits. I really am fearful of what might happen on 11/03 if things don't go the way some folks would like and that's on either side of the coin.
As a Canadian, I'm glad you said that. If I did I'd surely be called out for it.

Shocking to watch from the outside.

2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES
Gone 2016 Harley Davidson Fat Bob
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 06:30 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
Hopefully it won't become so bad that discussing it on a motorcycle forum will no longer be considered as off topic.
Myfjr likes this.

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 09:33 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:

It happens so much everywhere that I figure it's psychological; that kind of person can't stand to be anywhere other than in the lead (or tailgate because they latch on to you as you pass). Doesn't matter what you're riding/driving. If you pull far enough ahead of them, it breaks their "tether", and they drop back down to the speed they find comfortable. They're the same people that hang around in your blind spots and that of 18-wheelers. Idiots the lot of them regardless of the mechanics of "why". My brother bitches about it all the time too so it's not just "performance" vehicles oozing some kind of challenge to those around you (it's even 6-banger Caddies).
Haynes likes this.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bounce; 09-09-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page