Lost A Friend - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Lost A Friend

Today I found out a friend passed away last Friday from a bike wreck on May 30th. He was a retired OTR truck driver who never lost his love to drive or ride. He was 76 and never slowed down in life and on the go constantly. I am 64 and met Marty and his wife Kathy when I was 12. They were the neighhood big brother and sister at the time so they went out of their way for us. Eventually they had twin daughters and moved 50 miles away to a better area. Lost track of each other for many years but hooked up again a few years ago. He was truly a 1 of a kind person that will never be duplicated. Him and Kathy were together from day 1 when I met them and my heart goes out to her and their family. Them 2 made a difference with quite a few of the neighborhood kids lives but as we all grew up I think only a couple of us may have kept in touch. He will be missed by Janet and I plus a buttload of others that he had met thru out the years.
Mr Marty I will love/miss you forever as a person, friend, big brother and sometimes father figure.

Bobby

Marty rode a 2007 FJR1300AE. He lost it in a corner by his house that he probably had taken a 1000 plus times.

Real Name - Bobby
2001 ZRX1200
2008 ZX14
2015 FJR1300A
2015 Vulcan S (Wife)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 03:25 PM
FJR Top Gun

What a shame. Sorry for your loss. RIP Marty

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 03:30 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Bobby, to have one of those kinds of people in your life are special, and to lose one is a great loss. Best wishes to you, celebrate his life, he obviously loved what he was doing in life, and I'm sure you'll be telling stories about him for a good long while. Congrats on having such a great friend and condolences at the same time.
Cheers, Ray.
Redfish likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 06:58 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Much respect to both of you. Sorry for your loss. But there are worse ways to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRose View Post
Today I found out a friend passed away last Friday from a bike wreck on May 30th. He was a retired OTR truck driver who never lost his love to drive or ride. He was 76 and never slowed down in life and on the go constantly. I am 64 and met Marty and his wife Kathy when I was 12. They were the neighhood big brother and sister at the time so they went out of their way for us. Eventually they had twin daughters and moved 50 miles away to a better area. Lost track of each other for many years but hooked up again a few years ago. He was truly a 1 of a kind person that will never be duplicated. Him and Kathy were together from day 1 when I met them and my heart goes out to her and their family. Them 2 made a difference with quite a few of the neighborhood kids lives but as we all grew up I think only a couple of us may have kept in touch. He will be missed by Janet and I plus a buttload of others that he had met thru out the years.
Mr Marty I will love/miss you forever as a person, friend, big brother and sometimes father figure.

Bobby

Marty rode a 2007 FJR1300AE. He lost it in a corner by his house that he probably had taken a 1000 plus times.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 07:29 PM
Farkle Trainee

I'm sorry to hear you lost a good friend. My condolences.

Jim
-------------------------------------
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
2020 Kawasaki 1000SX
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 08:35 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Really sorry to see this and I pray for both you and his wife; it's truly special to have someone for that long in your life and be friends for that long. Truly sorry for your loss.

2008 FJR1300 (current)
2013 FJR1300 (sold)
2007 Goldwing (sold)
2005 FJR1300 (traded in)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

He was 1 of them people that if you had to give a eulogy and just started laffing the people that knew him and his family would understand. Not long ago I put head bearings and front wheel bearings in his bike and told him if he did not shut up he was gonna have to go in the house. It is not good to keep laffing while trying to tap a bearing race in.

Real Name - Bobby
2001 ZRX1200
2008 ZX14
2015 FJR1300A
2015 Vulcan S (Wife)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:04 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRose View Post

Bobby

Dayum....my condolences to you, family, and friends during this tragic time.

R.I.P> Marty
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Sorry to hear this, Bobby.

Ride on Marty, save us a spot when you get there.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Farkle Trainee

Sorry for your loss

The resident Ducati owner became a KTM owner.

‘14 FJR (sold)
‘19 Multistrada (for sale)
‘13 990 SMT
‘15 1290 Super Adventure T

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page