Lost A Friend - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 01:56 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Sad to lose a good friend.

2003 Honda Gold Wing GL1800A (Current), 2005 Yamaha FJR1300A (Former), 1985 Kawasaki GPZ900R Ninja (Former)
ATGATT - My Safety Gear Has Saved Me Twice!
Seattle/Eastside - Pacific Northwest Outdoorsman (Salmon & Shellfish)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 10:32 AM
Farkle Trainee

Very sorry to hear this news...GodSpeed to your friend.

hANNAbONE
Versailles, IN
...where hiway 421 & 50 kiss...
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 11:35 AM
Farkle Trainee

Very sorry for your loss.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 02:08 PM
Farkle Trainee

Sincere condolences Bobby, sad to lose friends especially to a tragic accident. RIP Marty.

2015 Yamaha FJR 1300ES
2015 Yamaha R1
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 08:44 PM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via Skype™ to Chicago_FJR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRose View Post
Today I found out a friend passed away last Friday from a bike wreck on May 30th.

Bobby

Marty rode a 2007 FJR1300AE. He lost it in a corner by his house that he probably had taken a 1000 plus times.

Thank you for sharing about Marty. I am sorry for your loss.

Respectfully,
Patrick
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 10:06 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I'm sorry for your loss, Bobby. I know it hurts.

Just keepin' up with traffic, Officer.

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 05:48 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRose View Post
Today I found out a friend passed away last Friday from a bike wreck on May 30th. He was a retired OTR truck driver who never lost his love to drive or ride. He was 76 and never slowed down in life and on the go constantly. I am 64 and met Marty and his wife Kathy when I was 12. They were the neighhood big brother and sister at the time so they went out of their way for us. Eventually they had twin daughters and moved 50 miles away to a better area. Lost track of each other for many years but hooked up again a few years ago. He was truly a 1 of a kind person that will never be duplicated. Him and Kathy were together from day 1 when I met them and my heart goes out to her and their family. Them 2 made a difference with quite a few of the neighborhood kids lives but as we all grew up I think only a couple of us may have kept in touch. He will be missed by Janet and I plus a buttload of others that he had met thru out the years.
Mr Marty I will love/miss you forever as a person, friend, big brother and sometimes father figure.

Bobby

Marty rode a 2007 FJR1300AE. He lost it in a corner by his house that he probably had taken a 1000 plus times.
Sorry to learn of the loss of your friend Marty. His loss may not be due to his inability to negotiate that turn since he has done it a thousand times before. I own a 2006 FJR1300AE, and it has had problems shifting with the paddle shifter or foot shifter when they become disabled when SH-46 appears on the screen. You cannot shift, and what ever gear you are in you are stuck with it until the ignition switch is shut off. I have reported this to the NHTSB in Washing D C in 2018 Complaint No. 11144145. Yamaha has never issued a recall, and if this is the cause or factor in your friends death then his wife is due compensation. Yamaha has been aware of this unsafe condition for many years. There are examples of this occurrence on UTUBE.

Feel free to contact me (70 429-6458 Dave Illinois

Last edited by Aerodrome; 07-03-2020 at 05:51 PM.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 08:54 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Anytime you lose a good friend, you lose part of yourself.
The memories, the laughs, the "sensible" voice to confide in.
I've experienced it twice in 2020, you don't recover from it - you deal with it.
Remember the good times.
ReRose and georgepittenger like this.

Currently:
2004 Miata
2016 Yamaha FJR1300A
2017 Ducati Monster
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-04-2020, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

I am sad he is gone but everytime I start thinking about him I either smile or laff. The guy was a character from day 1. I did head bearings, front wheel bearings, fork flush, front and rear tires, FD oil, Garauld's hiway peg kit with rear rack and trunk and sit and wonder if it was something I did but I know it wasn't. Thought still crosses ones mind but all he did was talk about the difference of before and after. There was a guy that Marty went around the morning of the crash that witnessed it and said Marty went around him in a strait then the next corner is where he went down. Guy said it looked like he started sliding in the corner then shot to the other side of the road and hi sided per his discription. Marty only wore a half helmet and went airborne into a concrete culvert. He was standing when the police and ambulance got there and was a little verbally combative but to me that is understandable giving he just went down. He walked to the ambulance by himself so the police told his wife Kathy that she might be able to pick him up at the hospital that day. When she got to the hospital she found out he had a broken eye socket, rib problems and was in surgery for brain swell. It went all down hill after that. His idea was we all have to go sometime and we just hope it is not prolonged. He was a character in a good way and even tho I have tears I am laffing at the same time.

Real Name - Bobby
2001 ZRX1200
2008 ZX14
2015 FJR1300A
2015 Vulcan S (Wife)
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage

'06 Suzuki DR650
'15 Yamaha FJR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page