1 year of ownership - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 01:23 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Glad to see you are getting better. Hope all the numbness goes away. My right arm has the same issue after an accident 3 years ago. It can be annoying. As a Kawasaki enthusiast I would also go with the z900. I plan on picking up a used one to go with the 73.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Z1 bikes.jpg (28.7 KB, 4 views)

2013 FJR1300 and other bikes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 01:24 PM
FJR Top Gun

Yea we call the Z900 completely modern bikes that look retro. Nice bikes. Fast. Too tall for me and there are some "details" I don't care about it..the radiator isn't very well hidden, the urine cup master cylinder and the fact that you can see the radiator cap while sitting on the bike, but hard to deny it's capabilities and good looks.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

What bike is perfect? None- they've all got something that makes you squint at it and ask why the manufacturer did that.

Here's a good case in point- the Tracer 900 GT. **** bike is ugly as any sum-beetch bike out there, especially in the paint schemes presented so far to us 'Muricans. Why dammit? That's a bike I coulda fallen for but it's seriously fugly and Yammie just cheaped out on too many aspects of its design & components- great concept, weak execution, & still charged too much for it, IMHO. Coulda been a serious winner here, a definite contender over the Ninja 1000 but Team Y dropped the ball. I want to like the bike but....
Lee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page