Annoying large feet - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Annoying large feet

Hey guys quick question I have a 2016A getting a Laam seat and adding helibars once they arrive. Next change would be foot peg position if possible. And adding highway pegs.

I'm 6 3 250ish. Getting the seat a few inches taller with seth may help. And I'm think of adding crash bars in the front and adding highway pegs onto that vs. The gearuld route. The crash bars stick out a little wider and I feel like that may help...

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 10:45 AM
Farkle Trainee

Tly here is the T-Rex and Hwy pegs solution for you to consider, Note pipes are 7/8", T-Rex also makes pegs. To properly enjoy hwy pegs a backrest should be installed as well.

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-...ex-guards.html
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 10:47 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlydecker27 View Post
Hey guys quick question I have a 2016A getting a Laam seat and adding helibars once they arrive. Next change would be foot peg position if possible. And adding highway pegs.

I'm 6 3 250ish. Getting the seat a few inches taller with seth may help. And I'm think of adding crash bars in the front and adding highway pegs onto that vs. The gearuld route. The crash bars stick out a little wider and I feel like that may help...

Any ideas?
If you're not a big "twisties" drag the pegs guy, all that should be fine. Peg lowers require relocation/reengineering of the brake and shifter I think. I also added some really long Ebay "sliders" for my 07 so there is another position for my feet to move to occasionally.

07 FJR 48,000 miles 03 Yamaha FJR1300
1986 Yamaha FZX700 1977 Kawasaki KX250 1978? Yamaha TY250 1979 Yamaha YZ250 1970 850 Moto Guzzi 1974? Honda XL 100 1978? Yamaha XT500 1975 Yamaha RD350B 1964 Bridgestone 90S

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 11:15 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

A number of things from the VFR guys, mind you these are Honda pegs and may not fit in the narrower Yamaha footpeg "clevis" as I call it. Grind a mm. off the side and just may.

Most footpeg lowering brackets for FJR's will also go more outboard, so maybe have to extend the brake and shifter pedals because your foot sits more outboard.

Knight Lowering Pegs - direct replacement for stock pegs but top surface is lower, and does not affect cornering ability (same height bottom surface). Contact them for Yammy availability. http://www.knightdesignllc.com/

Buell footpegs are also naturally lower, similar to the Knight idea, perhaps can find ebay ones at a reasonable cost.

A VFR guy made lowering blocks that go straight downward without going outboard, but sorry, VFR unique product... someone should do that for Yamahas.

I was considering Goldwing pegs, as they too are a common mod on some bikes and a little bit lower, trouble is they are wider as well, you'd have to adjust shifter/brake to suit but may not be perfect for your feet.

Yes a higher seat, not sure what Laam does there, but Russell's are definitely higher. You could also try putting your current seat in the higher position. A Russell in the highest position would definitely be the highest.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

I like that t rex setup. But I do love the twisties. Went riding today and was escaping my feet a few times on turns. Coming from a sport bike. The pegs sat higher. But I also sat higher.

I wear more of a race style boot. Alpinestars something. I forget... one of the only few good looking sizes that fit me. But I like to 'clip's my heel and hang my foot off the peg. Vs having my foot flat. Big feet and being taller I guess force me in that position. I was hoping for an option of increasing seat height past the top postion and if possible raising the pegs...

Sounds counter intuitive... but I hate scraping my feet. I feel like the fjr can do more and I'm leaving more on the table. For now.. I just change my foot position back

2016 FJR1300A
Pequannock, NJ
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 11:03 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
I put a pair of the Buell pegs on my Moto Guzzi. Got them new from St Paul HD, but now they only show the rt peg available online. Might be worth’s call.
https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...-lightning-b1m
If you want, I can check measurements

2006 FJR 1300
2001 MG V11 Sport
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2020, 02:45 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlydecker27 View Post
...I like that t rex setup. But I do love the twisties.
...I feel like the fjr can do more and I'm leaving more on the table.
Tly as you can see in the picture, you will be scrapping bike pegs, before you start scrapping T-Rex guards.
If you are leaning like in the picture maybe you need a sport bike, as a second bike, and use the FJR for less extreme stunts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20181029-103641_YouTube.jpg (171.1 KB, 17 views)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2020, 06:57 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

With the stock pegs, if I don't keep my size 13's on the ball of my foot, I'll scrape my boots in the twisties... doesn't matter what seat you have or how high you sit.
If you want ground clearance, put on a 190/55 rear tire, it will raise the rear end 1/4-3/8" and the bike will turn in better. Also helps to have good suspension with springs that actually hold you up... increases ride height also. So, dial in the preload on the forks and put the stock A rear shock on Hard, ES guys can increase the preload, or just get a good aftermarket shock and fork spring set.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 07:55 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
I've been talking with Seth about a saddle. He said since I use the tall position regularly, he would make mine to fit when it is in the low position, so that if I want more height, I can still adjust it up. I'm 6'1".

I have the T-Rex guards and highway pegs. I'm still trying to find a good place for the pegs. If I place them too far forward, the spread is too wide for me. Placing them where they are most comfortable cuts way into my lean angle, to the point of being dangerous. I've actually found a point where I can rest my heel on the bike's peg, and my toe reaches the bolt-on, so I have three spots I can use.

Good Luck!
V6

2007 FJR 1300AE ("Cerulean Silver") - 2003 V-Strom ("Pearl Orpiment Yellow")
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Damir... I would I could lean a bike like that! I wouldn't be paying for bikes. I'd be sponsored or something...

Either way. I spoke to a buddy in the forum and he mentioned my suspension may be off. Might need to be stiffened a bit for my weight... ride doubles a lot and my height. That my give me a CM or 2...

It's not that I scape my peg... you need to learn the heck out of the bike to do so. It's more of my toes and feet scrape more so that I have on other bikes... usually if i feel dangerous and scrap a toe. It's on purpose and I set myself up for it. But it happens a lot more on my fjr and scares the crap out of me
Damir likes this.

2016 FJR1300A
Pequannock, NJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page