Annoying large feet - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 11:45 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I am 6', 240 lbs with a 30 inch inseam and have size 14 wide feet and used to have the foot scraping issue on my BMW when I still had it due to the peg lowering kit. On the FJR I have learned to ride with the balls of my feet on the rider pegs. I don't ride with a passenger, so my heels are not in the passenger's way. To shift, I slide the left foot forward to get under the shift lever, after shifting I slide it back. This avoids the toe drag and also avoids the other problem with larger feed, the shifter not recoiling after the shift. If I am in the middle of multiple shifts, I swivel my foot outward so the shifter can recoil.

I have played around with the shifter, so it is adjusted to the highest position so I don't have to contort to get my boots under it and risk the toe drag.

My canyon cages have hi-way pegs mounted and I sit on a RDL seat, so I am up a bit higher, but need to slide forward when coming to a stop so my feet touch the ground. Before the RDL, I rode with my seat in the high position.

With the helibar kit installed, I sit more upright, so the other adjustment was raising the rear brake pedal.

Now all is well.
passx likes this.

2016 Yamaha FJR1300 (Cobalt Blue)
1973 Honda CL350 (Red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page