Dilemma about riding now - Page 22 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 02:55 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Went out for a leisurely ride yesterday with a buddy. He's new to riding with a 2019 HD. I led him on some nice sweeping country roads, he did well. It was nice to have some company along- I'm a nice guy and I have some really well thought out, intelligent conversations with myself but sometimes I get a little boring .
Ya, but you should hear what you say about yourself when you're not around... really ugly stuff.
rbentnail and FjrjrF like this.

Kevin
The Outpost, Silver City, MT
2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 03:17 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Ya, but you should hear what you say about yourself when you're not around... really ugly stuff.
Really laughing my butt off!!

- Jim,

2014 GenIII RED ES
2002 RED VTX1800c, she is STILL sweet!
post #213 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiaudio View Post
35deg and snowing in Ohio right now. 50deg yesterday and 60 forecast for tomorrow! WTF ?
Maybe in NORTHERN Ohio. Here in southern, Ohio it's 53 and light rain. I rode at 9 am this morning when it was 46 and overcast.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"

post #214 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 04:46 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Ugly stuff? Wait 'til the wife gets home and I hafta admit I had to get a new roll of TP out. Man!!
FjrjrF likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #215 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 01:56 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Went out for a leisurely ride yesterday with a buddy. He's new to riding with a 2019 HD. I led him on some nice sweeping country roads, he did well. It was nice to have some company along- I'm a nice guy and I have some really well thought out, intelligent conversations with myself but sometimes I get a little boring .
Was going to ride a Friday with HD neighbors to Lynchburg TN. He wanted to ride direct 50 mile route on major 55 MPH highways at 40 MPH. Didnít want to ride my 75 mile backroad route. Apparently he valued availability of a rumored beer more than the ride.

Iíve often ridden to Lynchburg without bothering to stop when I got there. Often no more than stop in the square to drink my bottle of water. And know where the public restrooms are. Tax revenue paves excellent roads.

We didnít ride together. I found mowing the lawn more attractive than riding 40 MPH with loud pipe HDs.

2018 F-150 XLT SuperCab 4x4 2.7L
2016 FJR1300A
2016 Beta 430 RS
2016 Subaru Outback
2013 Tesla Model S 85
2009 Husaberg FE450
1983 Porsche 928S
post #216 of 222 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 03:12 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4HHE View Post
Was going to ride a Friday with HD neighbors to Lynchburg TN. He wanted to ride direct 50 mile route on major 55 MPH highways at 40 MPH. Didnít want to ride my 75 mile backroad route. Apparently he valued availability of a rumored beer more than the ride.

Iíve often ridden to Lynchburg without bothering to stop when I got there. Often no more than stop in the square to drink my bottle of water. And know where the public restrooms are. Tax revenue paves excellent roads.

We didnít ride together. I found mowing the lawn more attractive than riding 40 MPH with loud pipe HDs.
I definitely get it! My buddy Chad the New HD Guy even scraped a little a couple times on leans to the left. We had an understanding up front-- RIDE YOUR RIDE!! He knew I would jet off in some curvier parts but I'd always slow down after and let him catch up. He did fine. He's even now contemplating longer rides, figuring out luggage arrangements, etc.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #217 of 222 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 12:51 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Just got home from a 11 day eight state nearly 4000 miles ride. Nevada and Utah were both over 105, Colorado,Wyoming, Montana, Idaho,California and Oregon were all in mid eighties to high nineties, only rained on us one time, felt good to cool off. Most towns requested masks To go into restaurants and stores only a few times did we find no indoor dining. Only about a half mile of fresh chip sealing on the road. Great ride!
post #218 of 222 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by G P Jones View Post
Just got home from a 11 day eight state nearly 4000 miles ride. Nevada and Utah were both over 105, Colorado,Wyoming, Montana, Idaho,California and Oregon were all in mid eighties to high nineties, only rained on us one time, felt good to cool off. Most towns requested masks To go into restaurants and stores only a few times did we find no indoor dining. Only about a half mile of fresh chip sealing on the road. Great ride!
If that trip had been in the SE corner of the US, where Covid is exploding right now it might have been a different trip lol. You definitely picked the right part of the country to ride to.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #219 of 222 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G P Jones View Post
Sounds like a great trip! We've been planning for a trip to Kentucky, Virginia, NC and back to GA soon. Good thing the parts from 4Wheelonline for the truck arrived early. Hoping for a good weather. It would be cool to see your trip report.
post #220 of 222 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Interesting to go back and re-read this whole thread that was started back when my state went on lockdown, in March. We are coming up on 5 months and it seems not a lot has changed. More cases, more deaths, no cure, same social distancing, most wearing masks now.... no positive end in sight. Who'd have imagined that things would not be closer to normal by now.
Donk and RogerDK like this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page