Dilemma about riding now - Page 13 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 288Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 216 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 07:15 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The “shelter at home” order in my home state places no restriction on traveling to exercise, or for a myriad of other reasons. The focus is on avoiding contact between persons that do not reside with one another.
TexTed likes this.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 216 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 07:20 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
Read the order for your state or community. I have yet to come across one that would prohibit riding unless a bunch of people were doing it on one bike. There are certainly places to avoid, ones where it isn’t reasonable to be able to maintain distance from other people. I wouldn’t go into NYC in a tank right now.

There are mouth breathers out there who don’t take precautions seriously and are prime Darwinian specimens for spreading the virus wherever they go, however they go.

Those that avoid other people and take proper measures to prevent exposure to and spread of the virus have little reason to curtail solitary pursuits.
Like the guy at Costco yesterday that I watched open 2 boxes of oranges and sort through them to make sure HE got the best ones. While we sit here & wonder if its ok to ride our bikes. It still bugs me, but I didn't say anything cuz I didn't want to wind up on the 5pm news as the racist bad guy who spoke up.
post #123 of 216 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzmon View Post
To the Ferret's request... (email addresses removed)

Good morning,

Currently there are no restrictions regarding driving on Ohio’s roadways.

Respectfully,

Sergeant Nathan E. Dennis

Ohio State Highway Patrol

Office of the Superintendent

Public Affairs Unit

1970 West Broad Street

Columbus, Ohio 43223

(614)752-2792

Ohio_Brand_DPS_outliines

Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 9:27 AM
To: DPS OSHP
Subject: [EXTERNAL]State of Ohio Stay at Home Order / Driving Cars and Riding Motorcycles for Recreational Purposes

With Governor Dewine's recent implementation of the Stay at Home order due to the COVID 19 crisis, are residents in Ohio still allowed to drive their cars and motorcycles for leisure without consequence? It seems to me that this is a safe activity and poses no risk of person to person contact.

Thank you.

Matt Young
Delaware County Ohio

Thanks Fuzzmon, that's interesting

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"

post #124 of 216 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 10:08 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Let the chuckleheads that think cities, counties, states and the fed would willingly "lose" money if it was a conspiracy. Forget trying to keep the conspiracy a secret when so many people around the world are involved.

If they want to embrace their contrails and ancient aliens, I say more power to them. Do your due diligence and let Captain Trips run rampant within the Derp Community. When this finally becomes mainstream and we all have immunities or vaccines, we'll probably see the History Channel be more about history and less about stupid crap like Bigfoot.

Become the Morloc to their Eloi.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

post #125 of 216 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Magic Mushrooms?

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #126 of 216 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 12:39 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
Let the chuckleheads that think cities, counties, states and the fed would willingly "lose" money if it was a conspiracy. Forget trying to keep the conspiracy a secret when so many people around the world are involved.

If they want to embrace their contrails and ancient aliens, I say more power to them. Do your due diligence and let Captain Trips run rampant within the Derp Community. When this finally becomes mainstream and we all have immunities or vaccines, we'll probably see the History Channel be more about history and less about stupid crap like Bigfoot.

Become the Morloc to their Eloi.
Come on Man, don't be down on Bigfoot, He doesn't have a dog in this fight.
bounce and rbentnail like this.

Ron

40 years on all kinds of 2-wheeled creations
Current Bike: 08 FJR1300
post #127 of 216 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 03:07 PM
Farkle Trainee

I read on the American Motorcycle Association website. AMA President says ride on! Taking neccessary precautions of course...
Bigfoot, he's cool. His name is Darryl by the way.😀
post #128 of 216 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 03:27 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-64 View Post
I read on the American Motorcycle Association website. AMA President says ride on! Taking neccessary precautions of course...
Bigfoot, he's cool. His name is Darryl by the way.😀
The Chairman of the AMA board lives not far from me. Maybe I’ll ride over and ask him for his advice.
bounce likes this.
post #129 of 216 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 05:16 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I wouldn't judge anyone's decision on this one way or the other, but when I am tempted to go out on a ride I think about a few things:

1) Right now the positive Coronavirus test results are at about 7-8% of those tested. So whenever I go out I figure for every 100 people I encounter, 7-8 of them may have it. Which ones? Nobody knows.

2) How bad would I feel if I went out on a ride, and against the slimmest of odds contracted the virus, brought it back home to the people I love most, and one of them gets sick, or even worse dies from it. I am sure I would hate myself for the rest of my life, and it would in no way have been worth a trivial motorcycle ride to me in hind-sight.

3) If I go out and against the odds have a get-off that puts me in the hospital, I would not only be potentially consuming medical resources that could otherwise be spent treating Coronavirus patients, but I would also be exposing myself to the Coronavirus by being in a hospital setting. See No. 2 above.

Anyway, having said all of that, I can't say I absolutely won't go out on a ride between now and the end of our WA State shelter-in-place mandate, but when I think about these things it certainly curbs the appeal for me.
bounce and FjrjrF like this.
post #130 of 216 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Lets say your letter carrier has corona, touches your mailbox lid and your mail, and you then open the mailbox lid and grab the mail and bring it into your home where your family is

Lets say you don't have enough groceries to last for the next 4 weeks so you have to go to the grocery store and pass people in the aisles that may be carriers, or pick up a loaf of bread that had been picked up and put back by a carrier, or the shelf was stocked by a store employee that's a carrier and you pick it up and bring it back home to your family

..or just in walking around the grocery store you get it on the bottom of your shoes and bring it back home to your family.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/corona...-experts-warn/

There are a million ways this thing can get ya.

Take as many precautions as you can and hope for the best.

And if I lived in New York, New Jersey, Detroit, Los Angeles, New Orleans, or Washington State I would be terrified to leave my house for any reason.
Bill Lumberg and TexTed like this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page