Carrying On - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Carrying On

I'm taking my FJR-2012 out today just to enjoy LIFE.
I'm going to buy Starbucks coffee, if I can, and sit on the curb and drink it. (seating is closed in Starbucks around here.)
Two young men are planting trees in a side yard and taking money home to their families. Good, they probably need that.
I'm going to carry on.

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
― Euripides
klawson, SmashVol and Sete Bond like this.

- StratTuner - FJR1300 (2012)
"Time ... , why you punish me? Like the waves breaking on the shore
you wash away my dreams..." - Darius Rucker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 02:34 PM
Farkle Trainee

Well said! I have a similar plan for this afternoon, and tomorrow, and
StratTuner likes this.

Sete
2018 FJR13ESJ
We've got them right where they want us
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 09:05 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Yep, keep calm and carry on..... and shut your TV off. Minimize contact, go where you want and don't worry, be happy.
klawson and StratTuner like this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 09:43 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I got some pellets for my pellet gun. Now I can harvest suburban game to fill the stew pot.
philharmonic likes this.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 10:33 AM
Farkle Trainee

I've been riding every day as normal (75 of 79 days so far this year and will turn over 4000 miles for the year tomorrow or Friday), but otherwise avoiding going out. Retired and no place I have to be, other than grocery once in awhile, and avoiding that best I can. As a senior with underlying issues I'm trying to avoid social contact with the outside world. Taking this seriously. It's a bad virus, killing lots of people. Rather live to ride another day. Hope they come up with an antidote soon, but they say it could take 18 months. Can't imagine that. If it does a lot of old people are going to die.
klawson and Fueradeborda like this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
It's a joy to have this board to come to and hear encouragement.
Thank you, Gentlemen. (smile)

- StratTuner - FJR1300 (2012)
"Time ... , why you punish me? Like the waves breaking on the shore
you wash away my dreams..." - Darius Rucker
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 05:21 PM
Farkle Trainee

I rode 300 miles today as I have a similar routine as the OP. I took my own coffee, peanut butter crackers, latex gloves for gas/bathroom stops, disinfecting wipes, and hand sanitizer.

I did find a LaMadeleine that let me sit at their outdoor tables so I bought a pastry from them.
klawson, StratTuner and the Ferret like this.

Jim
-------------------------------------
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
2017 KTM Superduke GT
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 08:20 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

As my wife and I approach the Big 6-0, we take our health a bit more seriously than we used to. Overall we're in pretty good shape with no underlying issues so we're carrying on normally with precautions. Distancing, disinfecting, washing hands, etc- for us all typical behavior in "cold & flu" season. This is for us really no different than any other year except for the populace panic and hoarding.

I haven't gotten the bike out yet and have done very little in the way of maintenance. This is also normal for me. I'll drag it out the last of March/beginning of April as I always do and since I have no major maintenance items this year I'll just do some here, some there in the carport on rainy days as the spring progresses and I get out & about some. As of now the July plans for a long weekend WV ride are still on.
passx and StratTuner like this.

Russ
2007A

post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 08:48 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I would LOVE to get out and ride, IF IT EVER STOPS RAINING!!!!

I am thinking of doing of doing a Patriot Guard funeral in a couple of days. I have my own flagpole and flag so I wouldn't have to be in contact with anyone or any of their equipment/flags/flagpoles and I have gas enough to go and come home without stopping. {I am really not too worried about stopping for gas, as I have a box of rubber gloves and would put them on before inserting my card and while gassing up, and throw them away right afterward} but I would prefer not to even go through that till my 15 gallons of gas I "hoarded" runs out.

I am getting a little tired of the PANIC talk. I see NO ONE panicking. I haven't even heard of any violent physical confrontations only a few verbal ones, {though I am sure there have been a few}.
Overall I am honestly quite pleased and even surprised at the behavior of our public, so far, and hope that if we can continue this way that it will be a pleasant reminder, when this is over, that we are perhaps more mature, in an emergency, than we might have thought we would be.

Hope to see some of you out on the road.
StratTuner likes this.

07 FJR 48,000 miles 03 Yamaha FJR1300
1986 Yamaha FZX700 1977 Kawasaki KX250 1978? Yamaha TY250 1979 Yamaha YZ250 1970 850 Moto Guzzi 1974? Honda XL 100 1978? Yamaha XT500 1975 Yamaha RD350B 1964 Bridgestone 90S
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 03:54 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Locally we have people who've panicked enough to have 335 rolls of toilet paper along with 47 boxes of pasta (with associated sauces), and the list goes on and on. One fella at work has his arsenal staged throughout his house so he can repel boarders without having to find a weapon. At his own reckoning, he has about 4000 rounds of spare ammo to fight off the rioters and looters. And what's with the water? Doesn't anyone drink tap water anymore? My water, straight from the ground, is delicious.

If you need 335 rolls of TP for a 2 or 3 week confinement you should have gone to a dr long before now.
passx, FjrjrF, Carlson and 1 others like this.

Russ
2007A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in