Carrying On - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 12:33 PM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
Warning. There is no "antidote" for viruses.
Sorry, treatment. Something that helps people recover quickly and not die.
StratTuner likes this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 12:40 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
I went out yesterday for a normal 50 mile local loop and saw TONS of people out on the roads walking, running, and riding bicycles. Everyone is cooped up hiding in their houses the sun and temps in the mid 50's was too much to resist.
StratTuner likes this.

2009 FJR1300A
2006 YZF600R (Sold)
2018 Subaru WRX
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
It's the end of the world as we know it, LOL.

Lenny Bruce is NOT afraid!

Ever notice all the people he names in that song all have the initials "L.B."?
'not sure there's any hidden meaning there, but it is a curiosity.

- StratTuner - FJR1300 (2012)
"Time ... , why you punish me? Like the waves breaking on the shore
you wash away my dreams..." - Darius Rucker

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 02:28 PM
Farkle Trainee

I rode into work today. I'm on one of the bikes to work anyday its not really miserable out. I have put a good chunk of miles on this winter on the FJR, a lil less on the DR, but still had quite a few offroad and dual sport runs.
I'm Lucky, My work isnt effected by all this social distancing. I shut the door to my office and Carry on. Wife works from home. I feel for all the folks getting slammed through no fault of thier own in the name of precaution right now. Unfortunate but necessary.

Its good to get out and ride, even if it is just to work!

And talk about Panic, what the heck with everyone taking case after case of water? I mean its not like suddenly your well or city water is gonna quit working. Its not some natural disaster where the power supply is in danger from high winds or flooding.
StratTuner likes this.

Ron

40 years on all kinds of 2-wheeled creations
Current Bike: 08 FJR1300
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 02:36 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Spousal Unit and I are alternating taking motorcycle rides. One of us is always stationed in the ball turret I installed on the roof of our house. Spectacular fields of fire with the twin .50 Cal MGs. We fire a mad minute at random times and detonate one of the dozen or so Claymores we have covering any dead space. Keeps the neighbors on their toes and well aware they are not getting any of our TP or sanatizing wipes. My grandson just turned six. Too young to man the guns but we send him out after every mad minute and Claymore detonation to put eyes on the kill zones for casualties and replace the mines. Good times. Call before you visit.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles; scream and shout!"

2007 FJR 1300AE ("Cerulean Silver") - 2003 V-Strom ("Pearl Orpiment Yellow")
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater1970 View Post
work... I don't do that anymore, but I'm frequently in the company of commuters.
This last week, I can actually travel along Calif. Freeways at 70mph with NO lane splitting.
What a joy that is!

- StratTuner - FJR1300 (2012)
"Time ... , why you punish me? Like the waves breaking on the shore
you wash away my dreams..." - Darius Rucker
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 05:21 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater1970 View Post
I rode into work today. I'm on one of the bikes to work anyday its not really miserable out. I have put a good chunk of miles on this winter on the FJR, a lil less on the DR, but still had quite a few offroad and dual sport runs.
I'm Lucky, My work isnt effected by all this social distancing. I shut the door to my office and Carry on. Wife works from home. I feel for all the folks getting slammed through no fault of thier own in the name of precaution right now. Unfortunate but necessary.

And talk about Panic, what the heck with everyone taking case after case of water? I mean its not like suddenly your well or city water is gonna quit working. Its not some natural disaster where the power supply is in danger from high winds or flooding.
All of a sudden nobody's tap water is good enough. I'm still trying to find a gallon of distilled water for a coolant change.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 05:51 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
Just read in the morning paper that the city of Eugene, OR is now having problems with handy wipes clogging the local sewer system this on top of everything else going on. Everyday things get more and more unbelievable. For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would horde TP of all things, duuhhh.....

Today I'm going for a ride to test my just installed ECU after getting Ivan's ECU flash. Will report on test ride. Something tells me I'm going to have to eat some crow.
I got my Ivan's ECU installed yesterday and it won't stop raining. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, and I hope to get out.

You folks are right about the craziness. My wife came home from the grocery store yesterday and said that the manager told her that people are quitting their jobs there for fear of the virus. I guess they figure it's safer to sit home and draw unemployment.

Just keepin' up with traffic, Officer.

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-19-2020, 11:48 PM
Farkle Trainee

My wife drove back from FL to WI. I normally fly down to do the trip back with her but it didnít seem prudent as Iím missing some of my lungs. She noticed an interesting cultural difference. In addition to toilet paper and who knows what else the FL supermarket were sold out of bottled water but had tons of potatoes, the WI market had stacks of bottled water but were sold out of potatoes!

I wish people would both take this virus seriously and also not panic and behave irrationally. I have seen both extremes and neither is good.

The resident KTM owner.

Ď14 FJR (sold)
Ď13 990 SMT
Ď15 1290 Super Adventure T
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 10:30 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

NealC, FjrjrF, StratTuner and 2 others like this.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page