2019/2020 FJR vs 2013 - Page 6 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 08:50 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Understood. Different goals for different people. I personally look for the comfort when the wheels are rolling and adapt to what is WRT stops as needed. If the ride pans out, then the time stopped is only a minor dot of time out of the trip.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
The only things you gain other than the led lights over your 2013 is the 6spd tranny & the light pull clutch, also I think but am not sure that there is no “A” models available in the 2020 bikes only the ES, but again I’m not sure. But for me the 6spd is a big deal, a positive update imho. The electronic adjustable suspension I’m not to big on as I view it as more clap trap to go wrong, again just my opinion..

Now all that said I would add that the $$$ needed to upgrade from your 2500km 2013 to a new one would be very prohibitive to me unless money is no object. Your 2013 isn’t even broke in yet, again my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FjrjrF View Post
Mario, just curious, and these questions are in fun. Is your garage telling you that the grey is too shiny? Is the dealer salivating when you walk in the door? LOL

You mention you have other bikes that you ride. It's obvious that money is not an issue, and my hats off to you for that. It must be the color and finish that is attracting you to her, and that's perfectly fine. From the little you mentioned and my assumption of your situation, I would vote YES, go for it. Or, maybe you just don't need a FJR....

If you like to have people notice what you ride and love talking to strangers, then, the Nikken has the same color scheme, albeit shiny, but it is an attention getter. For the amount you ride her, the Nikken is a better fit, and I'll bet your dealer doesn't have one on the floor, because..... They are a looker and many want that.
After thinking about FJR, I decided to sell since I am not ridding it enough.
It is beautiful bike however I think someone else will enjoy it more. I am putting it on the market as we speak.
Thanks everyone for input.
2014oldred likes this.
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
Mario, as you said, it seems you prefer your other bikes over the FJR, I would say just get rid of it, and buy something else you need / want.

If you still want to have this piece of art just to look at her and for decoration that's also fine, some people buy expensive sculptures and paintings, you prefer nice bikes [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
I have '17ES matte silver, and love the ES, LED's, and 6sp bike is a big improvement over my previous FJR, not crazy about matte finish, if I ever decide to repaint or vinyl wrap it will be pearl orange or '14red

And if you are still wanting the latest FJR... don't trade your "old one" at the dealer, I am sure you will fetch more $$ by posting it on this forum, good luck with whatever you decide.
Also what are the "other" bikes you ride?
Took some time to make a decision.
I am putting FJR on the market.
I am pretty sure new owner will appreciate immaculate condition.

post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 09:17 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Well Mario, I guess the thing is that after you sell your current very low mileage fjr the worst thing that can happen is you decide ya gotta have another so you buy a new one, no biggie ! They seem to have an allure that brings people back, as I tend to say “they are really nice bikes with a few warts” ,,,,are you going to list it here ? There seems to be a lot of people looking for them here (???) and your current 13 would make a nice scoot for someone,,, good luck !

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

Last edited by passx; 05-07-2020 at 09:19 AM.
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
Well Mario, I guess the thing is that after you sell your current very low mileage fjr the worst thing that can happen is you decide ya gotta have another so you buy a new one, no biggie ! They seem to have an allure that brings people back, as I tend to say “they are really nice bikes with a few warts” ,,,,are you going to list it here ? There seems to be a lot of people looking for them here (???) and your current 13 would make a nice scoot for someone,,, good luck !
Don’t get me wrong, I am not happy to let her go however she is sitting at the garage and collecting dust. That being said I hope new owner will take a advantage and ride it everyday. Yes, I posted it already and I hoping that someone will pick it up sooner than later.
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

First oval I want to thank you for everyone time and feedback. Looks like here is still great community.

Just an update:

Bike was sold without the week.
Looks like new owner is enjoying new ride. I was happy that he appreciated the bike condition and will continue taking care of it.

I decided to go back to muscle bikes. Here is my new ride for the season:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FAD78C37-B63B-413F-A6F1-D0E79C8DE2CD_1593695739339.jpeg (118.5 KB, 26 views)
kukablack likes this.
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 10:30 AM
Farkle Trainee

That ain't no 2020 FJR, bubba....*nice scoot*
cra-z1 likes this.

hANNAbONE
Versailles, IN
...where hiway 421 & 50 kiss...
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioR View Post
Hi guys,

Just thinking about new FJR. My dealer has 2019 inventory with $2K discount and 2020 with no discount.
My current GEN III, 2013 beautiful stone grey bike has only 2500km since new. It is showroom condition. Unfortunetely did not have time to ride it due using other bikes. I know, shame....

What should I do? Sell it/trade it for new GEN IV or keep gen III?
Current models are only available in BLUE flat or DARK grey metallic. Any experience with flat color? Prons vs Cons?

Any feedback is greatly appreciate it.
Thank you
You sure you don't have a 2015 my man? Thats not the 2013 gray, unless both were available...thats Liquid Graphite which is what mine is....unless I'm getting confused by the pictures

1994 Honda VFR750 custom streetfighter
2015 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 01:38 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioR View Post
First oval I want to thank you for everyone time and feedback. Looks like here is still great community.

Just an update:

Bike was sold without the week.
Looks like new owner is enjoying new ride. I was happy that he appreciated the bike condition and will continue taking care of it.

I decided to go back to muscle bikes. Here is my new ride for the season:
Nice ride I was thinking of muscle modern bikes will try one sometime. Still can't get over the FJR

Current Motorcycles

2014 FJR 1300 A Red

2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 Carburetted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page