A Note on Customer Service - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 09:22 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscsix View Post
I agree regarding Revzilla. They understand how fast bad reviews travel. They are also knowledgeable of their products.

I use them and will continue to do so. They are great folks and their folks KNOW their products well, as you said. That right there makes them head and shoulders better than any competitor out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

I have received and installed the replacement 20s Evo. Sena still has not generated an RMA for the original defective unit.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Update- second 20s Evo has the same malfunction. Two units, identical problem, updates, hard resets, etc do not work. Talked to Sena again they said they’re going to try to escalate to their team in Korea, and maybe there will be a software update some time in the new year that will fix the flaw. I figured out a workaround to “wake up” voice commands, but it sort of defeats having voice control.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBA# 69560

Last edited by Bill Lumberg; 12-16-2019 at 07:09 PM.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 08:36 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Bill, you never said what the problem is/was, just bad out of the box. Now the replacement is the same? What exactly is it doing? I have a 20S and am curious?

- Jim,
AMA Life and MSTA member
2014 GenIII ES
2002 VTX1800c
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 11:54 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscsix View Post
I agree regarding Revzilla. They understand how fast bad reviews travel. They are also knowledgeable of their products.
Revzilla has amazing customer service. You can count on them buying stuff for motorcycling.

Current Motorcycles

2014 FJR 1300 A Red

2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 Carburetted
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 01:42 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
Update- second 20s Evo has the same malfunction. Two units, identical problem, updates, hard resets, etc do not work. Talked to Sena again they said they’re going to try to escalate to their team in Korea, and maybe there will be a software update some time in the new year that will fix the flaw. I figured out a workaround to “wake up” voice commands, but it sort of defeats having voice control.
So you are going to try dealing directly with Sena again??? Is Revzilla walking away form the problem after replacing it?

FWIW, I have the 30K (a few dollars more expensive) and no problems at all with voice commands. While riding along just listening to my tunes I use to get an occasional "Intercomm failed try again later" audio message even tho I wasn't even trying to connect with another Sena, but turning off the Vox solved that.

Yes, it's okay to live your life like there's no tomorrow, just don't Fµ©Ķ mine up while your doing it.

2019 FJR1300-ES
1984 GPZ 750 Turbo
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 06:19 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
As they say in IT, "it's a feature, not a flaw."

Why bother with Sena again? Cut your losses, toss the crap and buy something that actually works. Or simplify- do without.
Bill Lumberg and Rumblestrip like this.

Russ
2007A

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

No. I’m just using the unit like it is. Everything else works except you have to use a button to wake up “hello Sena”. There is no fix for that shortcoming at this time. Kind of like the randomness that led Sena to design and program the SRL2 for Neotec 2 to not accept charging while the unit is on, they have programmed the voice control feature to go to sleep after the first use. Odd, not proper function, but I’m not spending any more time on it. Perhaps a future firmware update will correct it.

IBA# 69560
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 10:12 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
No. I’m just using the unit like it is. Everything else works except you have to use a button to wake up “hello Sena”. There is no fix for that shortcoming at this time. Kind of like the randomness that led Sena to design and program the SRL2 for Neotec 2 to not accept charging while the unit is on, they have programmed the voice control feature to go to sleep after the first use. Odd, not proper function, but I’m not spending any more time on it. Perhaps a future firmware update will correct it.
Ahhhh, okay, I could live with that minor inconvenience too. Which button? I hope it's just a simple tap on the big dial.
If'n it were me I would probably see if Revzilla would let me upgrade to the 30K.
Bill Lumberg likes this.

Yes, it's okay to live your life like there's no tomorrow, just don't Fµ©Ķ mine up while your doing it.

2019 FJR1300-ES
1984 GPZ 750 Turbo

Last edited by JunkJacket; 12-17-2019 at 10:37 AM.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 12:17 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Revzilla is where I buy most all my motorcycle gear. They match a lower price if you find one, provide great advice, returns are easy, heck they even express shipped a rain suit to me before I left on a trip at no charge to me.

No reason to go anywhere else IMO.
Bill Lumberg likes this.

Currently:
2004 Miata
2016 Yamaha FJR1300A
2017 Ducati Monster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page