Repair Manuals - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Repair Manuals

Hello All, Being a new owner I need a repair and service manual Is there prevailing preference of manuals out there. My one search only found digital versions covering the 2015. I prefer paper but digital is OK. Haynes only seems to go to 2013.
Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 09:29 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

You should create a signature line with the year and model of you bike for when you ask questions like this.... someone may have a manual they are willing to part with... digital versions are not likely "legal"... someone had a link to OEM print versions that were discounted below the Yamaha price.... someone may post that again, but you could also do a search for threads on the topic.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 11:05 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The Yamaha Field Service Manual is only available to end-users from Yamaha in paper form. There are some digital things out there on line, but (to a person) when I contact them about such, they either confirm that it's not authorized or don't answer. Whether you choose to pirate content from Yamaha (and in a small market like the FJR it might actually mean something to Yamaha Corp).

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I scored an official, printed FSM on ebay for $30 shipped so you just need to hunt and be patient.
red likes this.

2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
1991 Honda Nighthawk 750
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2016 Yamaha FZ-07
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 10:15 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Dimas Mike View Post
Hello All, Being a new owner I need a repair and service manual Is there prevailing preference of manuals out there. My one search only found digital versions covering the 2015. I prefer paper but digital is OK. Haynes only seems to go to 2013.
Thanks,
Mike
The Haynes is particular to the 2013 but engine, brakes, etc. all apply.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 02:24 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

OK. I checked your posting history. If I read it correctly, you have a 2015A. For you, the Haynes, along with internet resources, will work fine for routine maintenance.

Please add your bike and location to your profile.

The fairing removal guide in my signature is, I think, better than even the FSM or Mr. Haynes. And for your pleasure (?), I included a copy of my redrawn electrical diagrams - just in case .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FJR Electrical Diagram 13A-15A.pdf (4.70 MB, 34 views)
San Dimas Mike likes this.

Time spent looking at motorcycles, even Harleys, is never wasted.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:

Last edited by JohnC; 11-12-2019 at 02:29 AM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Thanks John, very helpful. I saved the electrical diagrams and I need to post a few more times in order to view the fairing removal. Very interested in that. THANKS! Ah new guys. I ordered a FSM before seeing your post. I have updated my signature too. Still learning my way around here.
Cheers, Mike
bounce and JohnC like this.

Mike
1986 FJ
2015 FJR
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 10:44 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Hey! You're from San Dimas! Have you see one of the Wyld Stallyns concerts yet?

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 05:07 PM
Farkle Trainee

The "real" manual is only available as a hefty paper bound manual. I found it handy to scan in the wiring diagram and legend, as I can zoom in on the really tiny markings on the diagram. Next I'll scan in the trouble codes so I can have them handy on my iPhone when one of them pops up away from home and I need to see what it means.

Last edited by Rich Doyle; 11-14-2019 at 04:59 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 10:39 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Dimas Mike View Post
Thanks John, very helpful. I saved the electrical diagrams and I need to post a few more times in order to view the fairing removal. Very interested in that.

You're welcome. What I drew should be a big improvement over the factory drawings. For one thing, they are twice as large. They are also in color and annotated.

I have a notebook full of FJR stuff that I downloaded off the 'net. I put them in sheet protectors to keep them clean while I work on the bike. I also printed out the fairing removal guide for the same reason. There's one small gotcha in the fairing removal guide on Page 5. All of the pop rivets securing the fairing are 6 mm / 1/4". The two on Page 5 are a little longer. The shorter ones will not fit there and the long ones will not fit properly anywhere else.
San Dimas Mike likes this.

Time spent looking at motorcycles, even Harleys, is never wasted.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page