Yamaha FJR Ultimate Edition - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 10:32 PM
Farkle Trainee

The thing about sport tourers is they are a niche bike. But that niche is for distant riding, which means dependability is high on the list.

Even if Yamaha kills off the FJR after 2020, it's likely there will still be FJR's on the road 20 years from now.
2014oldred likes this.

'14 FJR1300ES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 03:45 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I got rid of a 2017 triumph explorer for the fjr. While the TEX may be referred to as an adventure bike it is pretty much useless on trails, sand, loose gravel or steep terrain simply because of the weight. Those guys that ride the gs’s may disagree with that assessment but anything that big and heavy is a real chore on anything other than pavement. The mid size Adv biKes are somewhat more suited for off road But even those have their limitations. If I’m going to do the off road thing the 400 cc critters would be my choice . I hope the fjr doesn’t go the way of the st1300 or the bmw k1300s...........and if it does.......... well..... I got mine! ��
2014oldred likes this.

Last edited by Travlr_45; 11-18-2019 at 08:07 PM.
post #23 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 02:53 AM
Farkle Trainee

First (?) video of the new ‘20 Ultimate...video doesn’t make those gold wheels seen in pics look any better. Starts at 10:20:
https://youtu.be/sW2qA04N58I

2016 FJR1300A

Last edited by RC65; 01-14-2020 at 02:55 AM.

post #24 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 03:34 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Here is a link to our Norwegian site, there is 5 different version of the FJR this year, from my point of view, no sign of that this is the end, but time will tell.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/no/nb/pr...sport-touring/
rbentnail likes this.

Roger
2016 FJR AE (ES)
post #25 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 07:28 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I kinda like the look, but for me the “ultimate” edition should’ve included the touring seat & windshield as standard along with the heavy aluminum rear rack painted to match to protect the rear subframe, but imho that should be a no brainer standard on any new fjr,,,,, my .02
the Ferret and Sete Bond like this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #26 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 11:31 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I like it. Akro exhaust? Nice.

Oh, and about adventure tourers... around here the Tenere is pretty sell-proof too, so I don't think it's ALL just about the bike's category.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #27 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 07:56 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsilver View Post
I like it. Akro exhaust? Nice.

Oh, and about adventure tourers... around here the Tenere is pretty sell-proof too, so I don't think it's ALL just about the bike's category.
I owned one. Super Tenere is an underwhelming bike and underwhelming is usually not a feature that buyers seek in motorcycles. There is talk on other forums of it being killed by Euro5 as is the K1600 and VStrom1000. I’m starting to wonder if manufacturers are using Euro5 to cull the slow sellers from their lineup? It doesn’t make sense to me how big twins like the GS, Multistrada, and Super Duke are making Euro5 while 4 and 6 cylinder bikes are having trouble. Aren’t 4 and 6 cylinder engines more efficient per cc than twins? If not why does WSB give twins a displacement advantage over the 4 cylinder bikes?
Bill Lumberg and passx like this.
post #28 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerf View Post
Here is a link to our Norwegian site, there is 5 different version of the FJR this year, from my point of view, no sign of that this is the end, but time will tell.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/no/nb/pr...sport-touring/
The Norwegian 1300A doesn't get saddlebags?

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #29 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 01:16 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
First (?) video of the new ‘20 Ultimate...video doesn’t make those gold wheels seen in pics look any better. Starts at 10:20:
https://youtu.be/sW2qA04N58I
I noticed the new Tracer 700 has side bags that look like the FJR with slim lids.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
post #30 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 01:42 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I want those for my fjr. They fit, and vice versa. They are called “city cases” by BMW. I had them on my RT. Still hold a fair amount and look far better.
2GENAE likes this.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page