Trainee Sport Tourer

Nevermind, Looks like he is in Belgium.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 12:39 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
Brians Last post was August, Last youtube video was 2 months ago

Anyone know if he is ok?
Depends on who you ask, LOL. Bryan Glynn (Kaleria) has a forum on Facebook called FJR 1300 Enthusiasts and was seen posting there on 11/5/19.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 01:05 PM
Farkle Trainee

I've sensed animosity here regarding Bryan Glynn and assume that is why he doesn't post here. Guess he disagreed with some other posters and it all became too much (BTDT). Not having been around this site for a long time, I don't understand the whys ? ..and it really doesn't matter. He seems, through his videos, nice enough and only to be trying to help others with less experience than himself. For free to boot right? Actually it probably costs him in at least time and effort, doing the work, filming, editing, posting etc. Maybe he isn't a factory Yamaha Tech (I don't know what he does for a living) but the videos I have watched have been informative, well done and helped me clear up or confirm some things I was uncertain about. I appreciate his efforts, as well as those here, who are willing to step up and help newbies and those with less mechanical aptitude do normal maintenance items without condescension. We all don't have the same knowledge, mechanical skill set or mechanical aptitude. Doesn't mean we need to be ridiculed or talked down to.

Like my mom used to say, " there are those who are smarter than you, and there are those who are not as smart.... so you can always learn, and you can always teach.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I ride...every day. "Ferret"

Last edited by the Ferret; 11-06-2019 at 01:12 PM.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 01:22 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
As I recall, there was some criticism of his videos. Not so much about the content as about his method of delivery. There was disagreement about the opinions offered and the situation blossomed to the point that he seems to have abandoned this forum.

Kevin
The Outpost, Silver City, Montana
Team Pterodactyl
2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 02:19 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp shark View Post
Depends on who you ask, LOL. Bryan Glynn (Kaleria) has a forum on Facebook called FJR 1300 Enthusiasts and was seen posting there on 11/5/19.
Just to clarify, I too appreciate the time and work for Bryans videos, (have used them) and helpfullness to the FJR community, and my previous post was not meant to be negative to him at all. Just seen some disparaging comments elsewhere, and was trying a bit of humor in my response. He can be a bit grouchy in his replies on the FB forum, but an he's an asset to my mind, so thanks Bryan !
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

So sounds like the usually internet forum crud, keyboard warriors complaining about others, demanding that what they show is wrong and the person should repent???

I have left several forums for that reason (I wasn't the presenter, just an annoyed member in most cases) and even tossed the moderator status and left a popular board for that reason.

Hopefully he comes back, I enjoyed his stuff and he sure helped me on my clutch on my 07
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 08:13 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ferret View Post
Like my mom used to say, " there are those who are smarter than you, and there are those who are not as smart.... so you can always learn, and you can always teach.

Alas, the latter is not always true. I have known truly smart, technically proficient people that truly suck at passing their knowledge on.
rbentnail, passx and N4HHE like this.

Time spent looking at motorcycles, even Harleys, is never wasted.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 10:38 PM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp shark View Post
Many of us are blocked. Bryan has no tolerance for being told he is holding the torque wrench wrong. Or being told in public that contrary to what he just posted the load rating on GT tires is exactly the same as not. Anyway best I know that is how I got blocked.

As to his presentation he speaks in absolutes about things he really doesn’t understand. Such as saying use of a non-GT tire is certain death. “Michelin says use GT tire on FJR!” then makes up things such as load rating to defend what he doesn’t know. And doesn’t like to be proven wrong. Then deletes the thread.
bounce, Ditch, RaYzerman and 3 others like this.

2018 F-150 XLT SuperCab 4x4 2.7L
2016 FJR1300A
2016 Beta 430 RS
2016 Subaru Outback
2013 Tesla Model S 85
2009 Husaberg FE450
1983 Porsche 928S
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 01:21 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

And there you have it !
RaYzerman and N4HHE like this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page