In/Out burger - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Garage
In/Out burger

This is under general chat section and has absolutely nothing to do with the FJR, unless one is planning a ride to one. Being an east coaster, and can't get one, all the press I hear and read about the In and Out burger, is it justified? I mean it is a west coast chain, and when you boil things down, a chain's burger is a chain burger. I realize they have a limited menu and they do that menu very well, but, come on, really! Is it only because there are limited locations? I will agree Chic-Filet is some good stuff and will prefer that place if I'm hungry. I also realize Yuengling beer is limited in its distribution here on the east, but, dare I say it, it is a good tasting cheap beer. I drink it all the time as the prices are close to busch and natural, and the flavor is much better than those. But it is no where close to the high end beers and really doesn't deserve all the hype people give it where they can't get it. It is the same Coor's effect when you couldn't get it east of the Mississippi. When We got it, we realized it was all hype.

Long winded, but I wanted to present examples, is In and Out worth the hype?
mitchnj likes this.

- Jim,
AMA Life and MSTA member
2014 GenIII ES
2002 VTX1800c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 02:21 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

And what about Whataburger? I've been to neither W-a-B nor In-n-Out but have become a fan of Red Robin burgers. They cook them with a little pink if you prefer so it's nice and juicy. And plenty to choose from on the menu. We have 4 stores within an hr or so but most often I end up in Roanoke, VA. I can meet Ken the HD Guy for lunch then take one of a multitude of mountain routes home.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 02:30 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

IMO, In-N-Out is top of that burger chain style and worth a visit. Burger quality seems better, fries are a bit better and awesome shakes.

Around home is the Cook Out chain of burgers fries and shakes. Not a fan of that brand, sorry.
But as I travel for work to MotoAmerica races, I've been able to check out the other similar "brands" over the last 5 years.
Tried most of them ( I think ) from Checkers to Steak & Shake, White Castle, 5 guys, Whataburger etc.
And when I travel west to visit my son in the Air Force, always eat several times at a In-N-Out.
2nd choice is Whataburger but me thinks In-N-Out trumps them all.

Hope that helps.
FjrjrF and Downsouth like this.

2013 Stone Grey

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 03:41 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FjrjrF View Post
This is under general chat section and has absolutely nothing to do with the FJR, unless one is planning a ride to one. Being an east coaster, and can't get one, all the press I hear and read about the In and Out burger, is it justified? I mean it is a west coast chain, and when you boil things down, a chain's burger is a chain burger. I realize they have a limited menu and they do that menu very well, but, come on, really! Is it only because there are limited locations? I will agree Chic-Filet is some good stuff and will prefer that place if I'm hungry. I also realize Yuengling beer is limited in its distribution here on the east, but, dare I say it, it is a good tasting cheap beer. I drink it all the time as the prices are close to busch and natural, and the flavor is much better than those. But it is no where close to the high end beers and really doesn't deserve all the hype people give it where they can't get it. It is the same Coor's effect when you couldn't get it east of the Mississippi. When We got it, we realized it was all hype.
Long winded, but I wanted to present examples, is In and Out worth the hype?
Yup, it's worth it. Another Garden Stater here, but every time i head out west on business travel I try to see if there's an In-and-Out nearby. Sometimes there are lines just to get in.

2006 FJR1300A
Central NJ, USA
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 08:30 PM
Farkle Trainee

when a buddy and I rode to California we made it a point to stop at In and Out Burgers. It's not a gourmet burger like from places that specialize in burgers, but for a chain place it's pretty good. it's like the Dragon, there are much better roads in the area, but when you go near there you just have to stop by and give it a rip.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I ride...every day. "Ferret"
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Thanks gents, I guess I'll have to give it a try. I'm heading out to Seattle next week, but none in that area or state, so it'll be another time then.

- Jim,
AMA Life and MSTA member
2014 GenIII ES
2002 VTX1800c
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 01:30 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

BTDT prefer 5 Guys with Whataburger being as good (except for fries) and less expensive. I did Steak-and-Shake several times when part of GWRRA because some of the other members seemed to jones for it. I found the portions small and the prices about double that for Whataburger (which I prefer).

I miss burgers and fries... and shakes. But -60 lbs and -10+ inches later, it's good that I don't partake any more.

Quote:
Kirklands frozen 1/3 pound Sirloin patties from Costco cooked on my gas grill are the best hamburger

EGADS MAN! Gas grill! Oh the HUMANITY! Lump charcoal FTW!
two_wheeled and JohnC like this.

Last edited by bounce; 10-28-2019 at 12:00 PM.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 04:24 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Dick's Burgers is great for Seattle folks. We have Five Guys and their quality is good. Fries are tops. But living in LA, In-N-Out had the best old fashioned "American Graffiti" Era burgers, fries and shakes.
N4HHE likes this.

2005 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2003 Honda Gold Wing GL1800A
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 08:16 PM
FJR Top Gun

When in California I nearly always ate at least once at In-N-Out Burger. Good simple fast service. Got the impressions employees were very happy much the same as Chick-fil-A. Unlike the disposable employees used at the big chains.
philharmonic likes this.

2018 F-150 XLT SuperCab 4x4 2.7L
2016 FJR1300A
2016 Beta 430 RS
2016 Subaru Outback
2013 Tesla Model S 85
2009 Husaberg FE450
1983 Porsche 928S
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 12:34 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I second bounce's preference for 5 Guys.

In 'n Out has opened several in the area, one in northern Denton. I thought it was OK, but nothing to rave about. I sort of think it's like the Coors Effect of the '60s and '70s before they went national and you couldn't get it everywhere. I think Coors is excessively mediocre.
bounce likes this.

Time spent looking at motorcycles, even Harleys, is never wasted.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page