Vertically challenged for FJR - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 10:42 AM
Farkle Trainee

"Reaching the ground" means different things to different people. Some are happy getting a foot down on one side while slid over slightly on the seat, some want at least toes touching on both sides, others want at least balls of the feet touching on both sides and yet others want to flat foot both sides. It all depends upon your comfort level in contacting tierra firma.
bounce likes this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I ride...every day. "Ferret"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 10:57 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kej1953 View Post
bounce, can you flat foot with the RDL? Was the RDL made to your specs? Just curious because I’ve heard that RDLs are the most comfortable, but because of the width it makes it further to the ground!
Read closer. See my post about dirt bikes as part and parcel with riding a RDL FJR without lowering it. I do it WITHOUT flat footing both feet because I've learned that I don't need to.

I have a RDL with the heavy duty suspension and asked them to ADD a little height because I was looking for RIDING comfort (not stopping comfort because that's for when I'm at home watching tv). If you spend more time stopped than riding, then your wants are different from mine.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bounce; 10-30-2019 at 11:00 AM.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 06:54 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
Read closer. See my post about dirt bikes as part and parcel with riding a RDL FJR without lowering it. I do it WITHOUT flat footing both feet because I've learned that I don't need to.

I have a RDL with the heavy duty suspension and asked them to ADD a little height because I was looking for RIDING comfort (not stopping comfort because that's for when I'm at home watching tv). If you spend more time stopped than riding, then your wants are different from mine.
I did read the dirt bike post. I road and raced dirt bikes for years and had no problem not flat footing them. But now my riding is mostly two up with my wife on the back. I still like her so Iím more concerned of keeping the bike upright when I stop. Thatís the biggest reason I am interested in a Gold Wing because I can flat foot it.
bounce and 2014oldred like this.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 10:29 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I understand the higher need when having an unruly passenger than changes the bike's COG without warning.

I must have missed the part of a post in this thread about 2-up issues. Sorry.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 11:59 AM
Farkle Trainee

Unruly? Lol
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 03:50 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ferret View Post
Unruly? Lol
What do you do when they’re unruly? I usually gas it in sport mode, but that’s only good until the next stop!

Last edited by kej1953; 10-31-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page