Earplugs for motorcycle riding - Page 6 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:13 PM
Farkle Trainee

Oh also Ear Pease has 3 different inserts. 17, 20, & 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES
Gone 2016 Harley Davidson Fat Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 09:29 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

That is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfjr View Post
They were a joke to you.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #53 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 12:31 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I've done a few 10 hour days with Earpeace and have been happy with them. They're comfortable for me as the silicone material is very soft.

Some may not like it because they don't block as much noise as traditional foam plugs. I didn't want that as I like listening to music and still being able to hear some engine noise and other vehicles, horns etc. Earpeace just takes the edge off, I think I have it on the highest NRR filter and for me it's a good balance of being able to still hear my music and being aware of my surroundings but no longer have ringing ears at the end of a ride.

I suffer from slight tinnitus and want to take care of my ears.
RaYzerman, Steve Bracken and Myfjr like this.

2015 FJR1300A

post #54 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 08:25 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I have been using these for years now, very happy with them - Hearos Ultimate Softness NRR32. $.30 a pair in Canada. Pretty sure you can get a larger quantity which makes them even cheaper.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/HEAROS-...RD420IOLG1SBOI

2015 FJR1300A
2000 Hayabusa
post #55 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 10:31 PM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse H View Post
I've done a few 10 hour days with Earpeace and have been happy with them. They're comfortable for me as the silicone material is very soft.

Some may not like it because they don't block as much noise as traditional foam plugs. I didn't want that as I like listening to music and still being able to hear some engine noise and other vehicles, horns etc. Earpeace just takes the edge off, I think I have it on the highest NRR filter and for me it's a good balance of being able to still hear my music and being aware of my surroundings but no longer have ringing ears at the end of a ride.

I suffer from slight tinnitus and want to take care of my ears.
You actually don't need to block much sound to bring the sound-pressure down to safe levels. Most of the higher-end helmets still require ear protection, but even a 10 dB reduction would be significant in that regard. I'm not convinced any of them reach the 30+ dB reduction they claim, but in any event that would probably be too much for most of us. We are not in a blasting zone!

Longer days in the saddle might benefit from a bit more simply because the quieter it is, the less tiring it is ... but I am talking days that can extend to 24-hours. FWIW, my record for never removing my helmet is 16 hours and I know most of you think that's mad, but I had to remove it to change the ear plugs for ear-buds (Shure 215s .... noise-isolating)

A little Neosporin helps too.
Bill Lumberg likes this.

Steve

2005 Yamaha FJR1300A
2006 Yamaha FJR1300AE
post #56 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 10:48 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

When I'm not wearing ear buds for music or comms I wear dB Blockers from Custom Protect Ear - https://www.protectear.com/products/db-blocker/

You won't even know you're wearing them, except it will be a whole lot quieter.

Zwartie
CGY_Vector_06FJR likes this.
post #57 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:46 PM
Training wheels fitted!

In-Home Custom Ear Protection

Agree with zwartie... db Blocker, based out of Abbotsford, British Columbia. I received an in-home custom fitting and ended up choosing dB Blocker Classic, non-vented for $146.00 CAD. Professional, great fit, very good quality. This is a company who focuses on industrial, commercial applications but also cover motorcyclists on a one-off basis: nice! Fitting, ordering, price, shipping back through mail, fit, quality, reduction of ambient noise while still being able to hear Scala Cardo music/calls/group chat is excellent.
Attached Images
File Type: png db_Blocker.png (91.1 KB, 11 views)
post #58 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Farkle Trainee

If you want custom made earplugs find your local Audiologist. They can fit you properly for the type of noise environment you will be in.

My first car was a motorcycle.
post #59 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:28 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Generic foam earplugs work great until you start doing 1000+ mile days then the Howard Leigh’s really make a difference in comfort.
post #60 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:36 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I sprung for some Earpeace ones, smallest with two sets of filters, one red (medium) and one clear (lowest). Bench test with my helmet and speakers, I opted for the clear filters that allow more music to reach my ears. I have not road tested them yet, but I expect unwanted noise blockage will be decent.
I also got a set of earbuds that have memory foam blockers, as I have trouble keeping any earbuds in..... the Earpeace is a way better fit/comfort and I don't have to mess with cords.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page