Waterproof Gloves - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 12:27 PM
Farkle Trainee

I like my Held Satu gloves. Always worked for me even in Nebraska frog choking rainstorms at speed. Waterproof and now have conductive pads on the thumb and forefinger to control a phone when necessary. A little pricey but worth it.

My first car was a motorcycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:00 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sete Bond View Post
I always check to make sure no one is taking video of me going through the contortions I have to go through to make that work.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:39 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I got a pair of gore-tex Olympia gloves. They look nice, comfy, leather is smooth and soft... work great for riding in cold-ish weather. But when I had a full day of riding in a heavy rain they were soaked all the way through in only a couple of hours. Each one felt heavy as a brick and took over 2 days to dry out. So, my vote is for the overgloves too.

2016 FJR1300A

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:47 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Maybe I'm just unlucky but I've spend $$$ on gloves several times only to be disappointed in the long run time & again. I learned that Camp Dry is my friend. When applied a couple times per year it works significantly better than any mfr's claim of waterproofing.
passx and Redfish like this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:15 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I just spray my gloves and boots with silicone spray. Been working for over twenty years, I live in Oregon any we do get a “little “ rain now and then.
Sete Bond likes this.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:16 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

No configuration will keep you dry all
day long in heavy rain. I’ve got some good gloves. But nothing compares to aerostich triple digit rain covers. I’ll never go back to anything else.
the Ferret likes this.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:40 AM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
There's always lots of talk about waterproof gloves... are there really any? If the Goretex is on the outside, ok, but if they are a liner (like boots), then the shell gets wet. I have an older pair of Joe Rocket leather touring gloves that are mostly waterproof, but I treat them with a dubbin paste or beeswax based leather treatment.. maybe keep a pair of leather gloves for when it rains. Others just get mesh fabric gloves, and let it rain but that's not always fun. There are waterproof overgloves, basically rubber gloves if you can find ones big enough to go over your gloves, or get a thin pair to go inside them.
Handguards also go a long way to keeping the water off your hands.
Yep. That's been my experience. Sadly, gloves adequate to keep water out are also quite good at keeping water in. In a deluge like the one described in the OP I've wound up pouring water out of my boots and gloves.

Just keepin' up with traffic, Officer.

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page