how basic can it get? - Page 5 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:53 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to MrZappo
Fishing ? Informants ? One board good, one medium, and one bad ?

What, are we in high school swinging our soon to be manhood around ?

Honestly dude, (and I don't want to agitate too much lest I receive a threat), but are you really serious ?

I'll leave him alone if he leaves me alone ?

Huh ? Why not just send him an mp3 of a raspberry ?

All the FJR forums have good people, are full of good info and contain loads of entertaining banter. Many of us are on all 3.

Some unsolicited advice. Maybe just banter back and enjoy life before performing covert research and chest pounding.

We've no doubt that you are fully capable of pounding anyone into a pulp. I for one would hand you a beer before you got around to it though.

But man, take a breath.
RaYzerman, passx and Redfish like this.

Workin' them angels overtime ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:55 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Im glad I found this forum cuz so far I did 2 great Colorado rides. Met TRCO at his place in CO. Stayed there twice & rode onto Montrose & rode with great ppl. Also found out about the Dubuque ride coming up in june & looking forward to that. Hopefully meeting up with Robert in Corpus Christy & doing some ridin with him on this Tx. trip, and meeting up with Brent in K.C. on the way back home. Thanks to whoever put this thing together!
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:02 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC View Post
RGR that! I hope to get up into your neck of the woods in the not too distant future. Once upon a time I had family up in Havre... That's like third cousins or so. Glacier National Park...I really need to get there.
I rode out there twice & trailered once. I really really need to do that again soon

post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Oh, I forgot to mention the world famous huckleberry pie & cherries around flat head lake, ohhhhhhhh ho hoooooooooooooooooo!
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZappo View Post
Fishing ? Informants ? One board good, one medium, and one bad ?

What, are we in high school swinging our soon to be manhood around ?

Honestly dude, (and I don't want to agitate too much lest I receive a threat), but are you really serious ?

I'll leave him alone if he leaves me alone ?

Huh ? Why not just send him an mp3 of a raspberry ?

All the FJR forums have good people, are full of good info and contain loads of entertaining banter. Many of us are on all 3.

Some unsolicited advice. Maybe just banter back and enjoy life before performing covert research and chest pounding.

We've no doubt that you are fully capable of pounding anyone into a pulp. I for one would hand you a beer before you got around to it though.

But man, take a breath.
No threats and I'm sorry but I'm fresh out of raspberries. I'm 69 years old and as incapable of beating anyone to a pulp as I have ever been. I will still stand up for my self, even if I do get my *** whipped.

I'm not a troll. I don't want trouble with the good Mr. Redfish, or anyone else. I do apologize for booring everyone with this but, in my own defense, I would remind you that it was not my idea, or my choice. The way I see it I had 2 options - continued to be cyber bullied or come off as an ***hole.

Cyber bullying never ends, because there is no reason for it to end. The only way I know to end it is to tell someone you intend to find them, stick you hand up their butt, grab them by their tongue and jerk then inside-out and let them know you mean it. Maybe you can help me out, here? If you know another way (that actually works) I certainly would appreciate it if you woud share that way with me?

Let this... tempest in a teacup die. You have not seen the real me because I have not had the chance to show it.

2012 Gen 2

"The closer you get,
to the meaning,
The sooner you know,
That you're DREAMING"

(HEAVEN AND HE77 - Black Sabbath)
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Wow - I sure envy you guys! I have to work every day... Going to Colorado... Texas... dreams, to me. Even if I did win the lotto all I can do on the bike is about 200 miles, at most. Maybe the highway pegs I'm going to order and another seat will fix that?

2012 Gen 2

"The closer you get,
to the meaning,
The sooner you know,
That you're DREAMING"

post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:27 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Highway pegs, bar risers & rdl seat fixed it for me. I tried an air hawk cushion with the stock seat 1st, it was better but nothing close to the rdl. But before that I had to get rid of my 2009 vstar 1300, I loved the bike but couldn't go over 100 miles without my back aching like crazy. This fjr forces me into good posture, Ive done some 650 plus days but have to make sure I get off it every 100 miles or so & walk around. I usually prep before a ride by riding bicycle for a month or so 1st but this yr the weather hasn't cooperated. Good news is I don't have to ride all the way down to Tx.
Redfish likes this.
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw View Post
Highway pegs, bar risers & rdl seat fixed it for me. I tried an air hawk cushion with the stock seat 1st, it was better but nothing close to the rdl. But before that I had to get rid of my 2009 vstar 1300, I loved the bike but couldn't go over 100 miles without my back aching like crazy. This fjr forces me into good posture, Ive done some 650 plus days but have to make sure I get off it every 100 miles or so & walk around. I usually prep before a ride by riding bicycle for a month or so 1st but this yr the weather hasn't cooperated. Good news is I don't have to ride all the way down to Tx.
The risers came with - they're pretty good - no idea what kind they are.

I have an air hawk - lol - and i'll give it a try!

This bike is light years ahead of the c-14 I had.

Can you change the oil in the forks without removing them and turning them upside down?

2012 Gen 2

"The closer you get,
to the meaning,
The sooner you know,
That you're DREAMING"

post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention the world famous huckleberry pie & cherries around flat head lake, ohhhhhhhh ho hoooooooooooooooooo!

Well you sure didn't mention ANY of that when Pop and I had the honor of meeting you this morning in Kerrville, Texas!

But I do owe you a sincere "Thank You" for the tip on the Wildflower Loop. That was just wonderful. That road would have been fun even if there had not been any flowers.

I hope the rest of your trip goes safely and well my new friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gen2 View Post
No threats and I'm sorry but I'm fresh out of raspberries. I'm 69 years old and as incapable of beating anyone to a pulp as I have ever been. I will still stand up for my self, even if I do get my *** whipped.

I'm not a troll. I don't want trouble with the good Mr. Redfish, or anyone else. I do apologize for booring everyone with this but, in my own defense, I would remind you that it was not my idea, or my choice. The way I see it I had 2 options - continued to be cyber bullied or come off as an ***hole.

Let this... tempest in a teacup die. You have not seen the real me because I have not had the chance to show it.

El Guapo Loco/Blue Gen2, whatever it is that you wish to call yourself...

You have made threats. There is no need to "stand up for yourself". I made a joke in your thread. I did not insult your family, kick your dog or pee on your tires. I made a joke. Most folks laughed at it. You did not and that says a whole lot about YOU.

I am not a bully. I am not a cyber bully. My reputation on all 3 forums and the quality of the friends I have made on those forums speaks for itself. I offered a truce but you wish to continue being mad about nothing that any sane adult would consider grounds for the physical threats you have made.

But it appears to me that on two different forums now you have in fact shown us the real you. If you wish for us to see a different side, a better side then stop being mad about a joke that insulted no one and hurt nothing. Please join in the banter, the friendship and the goodness that lives here.

"informants" and "good forums" and "bad forums" indeed... News flash, all 3 forums are Good. Actually Great.
bounce and RaYzerman like this.

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:31 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Holy crap. I had to go back and read through this whole thread to see where it went catty wumpus. Redfish is far from a bully or a troll. He's often been a mediator on other forums. I believed his shaggy dog story in this thread and thought the only joke in it was at the end about the seat. He snagged me good and I thought that was great when I found out.

How can anyone consider the Internet important enough to make public threats of assault and battery toward another? It would seem it's not even based on an "if we ever meet in meat space" but more of an "I'll go so far as come to you and find you to make good on my threats".

PS: Where's this other thread where RF was so mean to others? He sounds like a big poopy head.

Worse yet, you made me go back and read through this whole thread to see where it went catty wumpus. I can't get the time back.

passx and Redfish like this.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bounce; 04-19-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page