Stupid FJR - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 10:04 PM
Farkle Trainee

Totally feel you. Couldn't agree more, just wish my garage was bigger so I could keep mine. Will certainly miss he FJR it when it does sell.

Current: 2013 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring - Rosie
Former: 1979 Honda CB750, 1994 Honda Magna, 1995 Honda Magna, 1982 Honda CBX, 1997 Honda Magna, 1997 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 2013 Yamaha FJR1300 - Gutnis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 01:31 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiii View Post
To Rbentnail..... have you or ronheater ever gone out the back of the parking lot at Linville Falls and made it to Wiseman's View ? It is the best overlook in the state !!!!
I did, as described by the link in the post directly above yours. I rode in from the north and the going was very loose and rough then got significantly worse at the turn-off to the overlook parking lot. Coming out I continued south and the ride was significantly better, I guess all the traffic goes in & comes out from/to the north.

I found it originally by accident on Google maps and just went. I later found -> https://www.hdcarolina.com/index.php, excellent videos of places to go. Click on the map link at that site, you'll see!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161030_141144594.jpg (94.0 KB, 20 views)

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:03 AM
doc
Farkle Trainee

FJR’s suck balls. I want to get an R1250GSA or a K1600GT, but the FJR has me wrapped around its little finger. **** thing wants tyres? It gets tyres. It wants a shiny new farkle? It gets what it wants. Jeez, I even shop randomly online looking for things to buy for it, just because... it has me exactly where it flamin well wants me. I hate myself for it but just can’t seem to tear myself away...
FjrjrF and Sete Bond like this.

Cheers,

Anthony

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 07:22 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
FJR’s suck balls. I want to get an R1250GSA or a K1600GT, but the FJR has me wrapped around its little finger. **** thing wants tyres? It gets tyres. It wants a shiny new farkle? It gets what it wants. Jeez, I even shop randomly online looking for things to buy for it, just because... it has me exactly where it flamin well wants me. I hate myself for it but just can’t seem to tear myself away...
I just traded a 1600 for my new FJR. It was my second 1600. Had them a combined six years and 60,000 miles. I was within 12 hours of buying a 1250 GS. Those are nice bikes, but way overpriced compared to,the FJR. I had a 2006 FJR that I put 44,000 miles on and said at the time it was my all time favorite bike. Now that I’m back on my new one I remember why.

I certainly would never tell anyone not to buy a 1600 or GS. When it comes to bikes I like a variety as you can see below what I have now.
doc and Sete Bond like this.

Jim
-------------------------------------
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
2017 KTM Superduke GT
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Never fear, it'll do it! Picture 1 1/2 lane wide with looser rock, big swales and giant sized washboards. BTDT going to Linville Gorge in western NC. Good car tire road.....
L, the FJR couldnt get near the trail to get where that pic was taken! Picture boulders the size the size of the fjr front tire covered in mud going up hill on trails about the with of your handlebars! That was the only pic we took that day and that was because Elijah dropped his bike and it flooded. that was the end of the trail heading back!

Ron

40 years on all kinds of 2-wheeled creations
Current Bike: 08 FJR1300
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiii View Post
To Rbentnail..... have you or ronheater ever gone out the back of the parking lot at Linville Falls and made it to Wiseman's View ? It is the best overlook in the state !!!!
I have not, I didnt even know there was something there! I'll have to look! Sounds like a great ride.

Ron

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Never fear, it'll do it! Picture 1 1/2 lane wide with looser rock, big swales and giant sized washboards. BTDT going to Linville Gorge in western NC. Good car tire road.....
I never even knew that was there, I just looked it up on Youtube, that looks gorgeous! Hey, maybe this summer we can crash at the house we stopped at in bakersville and you can show me around some of these places!

Ron

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 11:02 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater1970 View Post
I never even knew that was there, I just looked it up on Youtube, that looks gorgeous! Hey, maybe this summer we can crash at the house we stopped at in bakersville and you can show me around some of these places!
Go back to post # 12 and click that link, then click on map. You'll be amazed!

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 07:48 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Ok . . . stupid FJR related. My 2016 beguiled me to sign on the line recently, but now it seems to fight me as I take corners . . . as if it wants to go down to the asphalt, and I have to muscle the bars to stay on the right track. Anyone else have this issue? I probably should also post this elsewhere in a different forum? Thanks.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 12:00 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourguyDon View Post
Ok . . . stupid FJR related. My 2016 beguiled me to sign on the line recently, but now it seems to fight me as I take corners . . . as if it wants to go down to the asphalt, and I have to muscle the bars to stay on the right track. Anyone else have this issue? I probably should also post this elsewhere in a different forum? Thanks.
Well, can't help it if you picked one of the slower colours. Mine seems to have enough power and speed to stay leaned over in the corners as I go around them and if I accelerate, it will stand up more.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page