FJR Owners Forum banner

make gloves more compatable with touch screens

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  mobilemike 
#1 ·
I have been looking at some glove hacks to make my gloves more acceptable for touch screens.

Sewing metal threads into $150 riding gloves is out of the question.

There are liquid applied solutions called "Anyglove" and "Nanotips"

Has anyone tried these? Or anything else?

#3 ·
My Fly F16 gloves work wonderfully with Garmin Zumo 595.

Sized small. Worse, the gauntlet is smaller than the body of glove.

Silly me expecting $15 gloves to fit! Even size 13.

#10 ·
I use shuffle and let it ride. That's usually good for about a week or more.

With as much as we bitch about other operators on the road and their inattention killing motorcyclists, why would we do the same thing to ourselves?
This is actually an attempt to make the distraction less by making the glove function better with the screen.

#13 ·
#14 ·
Nanotips is good for about 2 weeks for me. Better solution is Lee Parks Sumo gloves- doeskin works fine with my phone. Garmin zumo works with everything.

Norm Kern

#17 ·
I have been looking at some glove hacks to make my gloves more acceptable for touch screens.

Sewing metal threads into $150 riding gloves is out of the question.

There are liquid applied solutions called "Anyglove" and "Nanotips"

Has anyone tried these? Or anything else?
I tried both on first gen Scorpion SG3 gloves. The Nanotips made a rubbery coating. The Anyglove soaked into the leather. I had better experience with the Anyglove as the Nanotips would peel off after a while. The Anyglove would eventually stop working, but it lasted longer.

The key for me was multiple applications. Think of it as coats of paint. I used a hair dryer to dry between applications. I do wonder if the heat makes a difference.

I'd say I generate above average wear. Most of my riding is commuting so I ride frequently. I also help out as a motorcycle marshal at bicycle charity events, where I'll do 600 miles in a weekend a few times a year.

#18 ·
So the product was Anyglove not nanotips.

I applied it yesterday in two coats. It dried nicely in the heat of the day. It does soak into the leather and did make the finger tip slightly darker black. On two different pairs of glove it made a huge difference. One pair of Joe rocket gloves would activate the phone screen if I used a concentrated effort. Now it is a normal swipe. The other glove an alpenstares would not activate the screen at all and after the application a normal touch or swipe will work. I am very pleased. Time will tell how long it lasts for.

On another note. My wifes phone came with a plastic tip stylus which does not work with my phone scree at all. I did discover the rubber (?) tipped stylus works great. I may stick a small one in a pen holder on the dash some where for finer movements the glove can not handle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.