Twisted Throttle asking for payment after shipment? - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Twisted Throttle asking for payment after shipment?

I ordered some frame sliders on 12/14/17, paypal authorized the payment, Twisted throttle shipped them two days later but I never noticed the funds were not charged to my card. They just sent me a money request because they said they were unable to "capture" payment and the authorization expired. Computer glitch or laziness on their part?

Last edited by Ditch; 01-25-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:07 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
Got the same thing for a Paypal payment to TT.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:25 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Somebody didnít process a batch file, sounds like.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

If that means they lied about the reason I might make em' sweat for a while. What you gonna do Pterodactyl?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 07:49 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch View Post
If that means they lied about the reason I might make em' sweat for a while. What you gonna do Pterodactyl?
I paid them. Twisted Throttle have always been straight shooters with me and have been generous supporters of an event I help put on (Dust 2 Dawson).
DGBone likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 08:29 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

You ordered a product from them that they promptly shipped and now you want to screw them over by delaying payment ? Sorry, but I don't agree with your 'strategy'.... I am a firm believer in the 'treat others how you would like to be treated' mentality.
rbentnail and passx like this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycat View Post
You ordered a product from them that they promptly shipped and now you want to screw them over by delaying payment ? Sorry, but I don't agree with your 'strategy'.... I am a firm believer in the 'treat others how you would like to be treated' mentality.
They could have been more honest, but I just sent the payment. Your post is spot on.
Alleycat and FjrjrF like this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 11:50 PM
Farkle Trainee

Twisted Throttle (TT): A+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
I paid them. Twisted Throttle have always been straight shooters with me and have been generous supporters of an event I help put on (Dust 2 Dawson).
Outstanding service from TT.
I have gotten a bunch of accessories from them over the years without incident and they are VERY honest. Also the service and quality of their products is top notch.
I recently ordered the RG fork sliders for my FJR from them. (and the rad guard and frame sliders before that).
After verifying that the axle and axle nut were the same part in the A and ES models, I was still a little worried about fitment because in their website the pictures show the sliders only on A models and mine is an ES so I was not sure and gave them a call prior to ordering to explain my worry.
The guy gave me a return authorization on the spot just in case the sliders would not fit...
Turns out they fit just fine and I believe it to be good protection for the forks and the front brakes.
Cheers,
Daniel

Daniel
2017 Yamaha FJR ES
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400 SM
2006 MV Agusta 1000 F4R
2005 Suzuki SV1000S
1997 Suzuki GS500e
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 03:18 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Thank you for being gracious. When people screw our suppliers, it just makes them mean and they bump up their prices for "administrative" burdens.

Sometimes they put notes on your account (naughty or nice). Ever wonder why something got to you extra slow? Boom. Pissed off the rep!

As Patrick Swayze said, "be nice".

2003 Honda Gold Wing GL1800A, Former: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300A, 1985 Kawasaki GPZ900R Ninja
ATGATT - My Safety Gear Has Saved Me Twice!
Seattle/Eastside - Pacific Northwest Outdoorsman (Salmon & Shellfish)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Hi everyone,

Jeff from Twisted Throttle, the National Sales Manager and Customer Service Manager, here to provide a little explanation and an apology.

Firstly, our apologies with any confusion. These days, customers expect perfection and to have their situations sorted 'yesterday'; while we strive to achieve this or better, there are times it doesn't work in our favor and impacts our customers which is never what we want.

On December 11, we excitedly took on a new operating system for the entire company that will provide us with new efficiency in all areas as well as get us closer to the aforementioned ideal customer experience. That said, we have honestly run into a few challenges here and there which are nothing we can't fix but we're scrambling to tidy things up quickly for you and for us. The majority of the transition has been brilliant!

Earlier this week we found that 112 customers PayPal transactions had their authorizations expire from December orders. Yesterday, I personally sent 112 payment requests to those customers to quickly reference their order number, original PayPal transaction number, and attempt to collect from customers whom we had shipped product to but were not able to capture payment for.

For those of you who quickly responded and remitted payment, I can't thank you enough. For those of you who delayed thinking something fishy was going on, it's totally understandable given the state of the internet and the world these days. Hopefully this post clarifies things and re-instills your confidence with us. (And we'd love it if you were able to resolve that payment )

Thanks again everyone, and we are excited to have you all as customers as we continue our next phases of growth into the future!

-Jeff
Twisted Throttle LLC
570 Nooseneck Hill Road
Exeter, RI 02822

855-255-5550
Finnfjr, Ditch, RaYzerman and 10 others like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page