Why can't I edit my posts - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Why can't I edit my posts

Editing my posts has always been a hit and miss issue on this forum, and the majority of the time I cannot edit my posts. Does anyone else have this problem?

Now I was able to click back on this post and edit it, but my post earlier today about my new bike lift I cannot edit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Suzuki DL1000XT

SOLD - My custom 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A.

2007 Custom Candy Sonoma Red naked Bandit 1250S/AK7 customized with MetrickMetal custom parts and one-off mods. Full Holeshot stage II with header & slip-on, Race Tech gold valves/springs, and Cogent Dynamic shock. In a constant state of metamorphosis.

Last edited by MetrickMetal; 06-26-2016 at 02:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Not sure why this is happening, and it's not something that others have reported.

IBA 21684

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I (may) did crash but I (will) did not die by accident
Brakes
Who needs brakes - they only slow you down
but when you do need them, use them with all your might
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Were you trying to edit the thread title? If you were, do you have a black menu bar just above the first post that has these 4 options: Linkback; Thread Tools; Search This Thread; Rate Thread

If you do, the option in under "Thread Tools" - select "Edit Thread"

I used my Moderator role to alter your thread title for you.

IBA 21684

Brakes

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1300 View Post
Were you trying to edit the thread title? If you were, do you have a black menu bar just above the first post that has these 4 options: Linkback; Thread Tools; Search This Thread; Rate Thread

If you do, the option in under "Thread Tools" - select "Edit Thread"

I used my Moderator role to alter your thread title for you.

When I click on Thread Tools their is no edit thread option shown just, show printable version, subscribe to this thread and add a poll to this thread.

I've been on a lot of forums and I never had a problem like this, an it's really irritating, as its causing me to not want to post up on here any more.

Thanks for fixing he title for me.

2018 Suzuki DL1000XT

2007 Custom Candy Sonoma Red naked Bandit 1250S/AK7 customized with MetrickMetal custom parts and one-off mods. Full Holeshot stage II with header & slip-on, Race Tech gold valves/springs, and Cogent Dynamic shock. In a constant state of metamorphosis.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetrickMetal View Post
Editing my posts has always been a hit and miss issue on this forum, and the majority of the time I cannot edit my posts. Does anyone else have this problem?

Now I was able to click back on this post and edit it, but my post earlier today about my new bike lift I cannot edit

Now I cannot edit this post either.

2018 Suzuki DL1000XT

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 04:46 PM
Farkle Trainee

I don't know if this is the reason or not, because I'm not a moderator or admin of this site, but many sites put a time limit on editing. It's normally 1 hour, from my experiences. It keeps people from going back and editing original content and completely changing the way the conversation appears to have happened.

Someone can say something inappropriate, then others react to it, then the original poster edits it, and it makes all the other people's posts make no sense.

Look at your times and see if it's the hour cut off. If you can edit it before an hour and not after, then it's that setting on the forum.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser Dude View Post
I don't know if this is the reason or not, because I'm not a moderator or admin of this site, but many sites put a time limit on editing. It's normally 1 hour, from my experiences. It keeps people from going back and editing original content and completely changing the way the conversation appears to have happened.

Someone can say something inappropriate, then others react to it, then the original poster edits it, and it makes all the other people's posts make no sense.

Look at your times and see if it's the hour cut off. If you can edit it before an hour and not after, then it's that setting on the forum.

It's funny that you mentioned that, as I had sort of thought it was a time related issue just like you described, and this is the first of many forums I been on that has this.

I'm going to use the practice area sub forum and see if this is what I'm dealing with, and if so I just need to make sure that what I post up is correct.

I have been on forums where someone posts up something, and just like you mentioned edits their post to hide something that the decided they wish they hadn't said

2018 Suzuki DL1000XT

Last edited by MetrickMetal; 06-27-2016 at 08:51 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetrickMetal View Post
When I click on Thread Tools their is no edit thread option shown just, show printable version, subscribe to this thread and add a poll to this thread...

Thanks for fixing he title for me.
It's a pleasure, but also, I made a mistake - the Edit Thread option is only available to moderators

IBA 21684

Brakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page