I went lighter..... - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-2021, 10:16 PM
FJR Top Gun

They are about 25# less horsepower than an FJR, but nearly 200# less weight

Here's my first gen headed out for a trip to West Virginia. I use a smaller cut down windshield to keep the wind off my chest and my head in clean air.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-2021, 10:35 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
I tried to like one a year ago, the insurance was astronomical because here it is classed as supersport. There went that idea...... Yours looks gorgeous blue and black!!
Try State Farm; my insurance actually went down from a two year older Kawi Ninja 1000.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-2021, 11:37 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ferret View Post
The 06 Gen 2's had horrible fueling, Almost un-rideable, but Yamaha got it figured out by 2009.
Mine was an '06. You're absolutely right. You had to be very conscience of being smooth with the throttle. And I had gone up 2 teeth in the rear too, made it more "twitchy" than "responsive". But flashing the ECU fixed all that.

2015A Liquid Graphite

Let the games begin!

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-2021, 11:57 PM
Farkle Trainee

That’s a wicked nice bike. Not sure where you live but most places if you have a copy of all the paperwork and proof of an appointment the police will leave you alone. They realize what a delay there is trying to get anything done. Gen1 May have been a little more comfortable but Gen2 handled so much better.

‘13 FJR
‘13 990 SMT
‘06 R1200RT P (it followed me home)
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-2021, 08:22 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geldscheisser View Post
Try State Farm; my insurance actually went down from a two year older Kawi Ninja 1000.
You don't understand the insurance biz here.... long story. State Farm will quote you an even more ridiculous price unless you have everything insured with them.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-2021, 08:37 AM
Farkle Trainee

Nice lookin scoot.

BTW, for those that are interested. The rear view mirrors in Ferret's pic (Gen I FZ) are direct bolt on replacements for the FJR's.

2006 FJR1300A
Central NJ, USA
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-2021, 09:24 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ferret View Post
They are about 25# less horsepower than an FJR, but nearly 200# less weight

Here's my first gen headed out for a trip to West Virginia. I use a smaller cut down windshield to keep the wind off my chest and my head in clean air.

Seneca Rock? Great riding area. Guys ride all the way to Tail of the Dragon, mostly so they can say they've done it, but there are roads in Va. & W Va. that rival it. I'll take Back of the Dragon any day.

2015A Liquid Graphite

Let the games begin!
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-2021, 09:32 AM
FJR Top Gun

Good eye. Yea Seneca Rock. Riding in Va and West Va is great and we ride down there every other year or so.

I miss my Gen 1 FZ. One of my good riding buddies just picked up one with low miles for next to nothing. Not even due for its first valve check yet lol. ( He had a Bee and a skunk before hd got this one)
Whooshka likes this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-14-2021, 09:17 PM
Training wheels fitted!

It is the same here in MI. I checked with our insurance person and they told me if you have insurance, the signed title (I carried a copy so I didn't risk losing it) and the paper showing you have an appointment with you motor vehicle office, the cops won't hassle you for not having a plate. I also asked a local officer I saw out riding one day this summer and he confirmed that they are not pulling folks over for not being plated. They might pull you over for something else but they shouldn't issue a ticket if you can provide all the papers. Check with your own insurance and the local police. I bet it's similar.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-14-2021, 09:19 PM
Training wheels fitted!

But why change the mirrors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmer View Post
Nice lookin scoot.

BTW, for those that are interested. The rear view mirrors in Ferret's pic (Gen I FZ) are direct bolt on replacements for the FJR's.
I have seen a lot of folks replaced the FJR mirrors with the FZ ones, but I've wondered why? Is there a reason to do this other than having broken the FJR ones?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page