2017 ES just looking pretty - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 05:18 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
HA HA, lets start a matte finish tread....AGAIN
I will as soon as I wipe my bike down with a wet micro fibre cloth.
Damir likes this.

2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES
Gone 2016 Harley Davidson Fat Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:45 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Not a fan of the “matte” colors but that silver is really nice, (don’t really care for the current blue, sorry) if it were available here i’d Have to look real hard at it. Now i’ll Add that being a former body & paint guy I prefer my paint to be shiny and very deep looking, can’t help it but it’s what I like but that silver really pops. An fjr in some kind of bright metallic/mica or pearl orange would be great As well,,,,just not as fast as the 14red �� maybe a deeper red.
RaYzerman and Damir like this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:18 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
I had a choice between 2017 black or silver, was thinking that black would be harder to keep clean so went with silver. Black looks nice, and it goes well with all other blacks in your garage 😉
I swore I would never buy a black car again...I have owned eight. The car in the picture is called Carbon Black Metallic, but it’s actually very dark blue. It is spectacular looking. I can deal with it now because I’m retired. I actually don’t drive the car that much anymore. I’ve put less than 3,000 miles on it since I retired over seven months ago.

The bikes get cleaned every time I ride them anyway. I give them a sponge bath with a bucket of water in my garage, which is air conditioned, so it’s not too bad.
Damir likes this.

Jim
-------------------------------------
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
2020 Kawasaki 1000SX

Last edited by jjscsix; 08-07-2019 at 12:19 PM.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfjr View Post
I will as soon as I wipe my bike down with a wet micro fibre cloth.
Careful of which side of the micro cloth you are using, they are not the same
And remember dish washing detergent contains hand moisturizer
Myfjr likes this.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
Not a fan of the ďmatteĒ colors but that silver is really nice, (donít really care for the current blue, sorry) if it were available here iíd Have to look real hard at it. Now iíll Add that being a former body & paint guy I prefer my paint to be shiny and very deep looking, canít help it but itís what I like but that silver really pops. An fjr in some kind of bright metallic/mica or pearl orange would be great As well,,,,just not as fast as the 14red �� maybe a deeper red.
I agree, if I don't have to I will not buy another matte anything, nothing looks better then a well polished deep metallic paint, especially if its pearl orange, red, yellow, green Just like chrome when properly cared for it always look new
Last year my 17 ES choices were black or silver , I remember when Wing was being offered in six different colors and they were all nice including pearl yellow and orange.
The thing with silver is there is no visual separation between the engine and body panels, its all like one big silver engine block,... but I have to say it did grow on me and the FJR is soo nice so no complains. Yamaha bring some happy colors pls.
After a year since new I am noticing some small rock chips got right through, and the paint seems very thin, so wherever the chip is deep enough you see black plastic which doesn't go well with silver. On my other bikes the clear coat would protect the actual paint pigments very well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orange.jpg (206.4 KB, 16 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page