2017 ES just looking pretty - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 06:56 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

These fastest colours (note spelling), including Root Beer, are not available in the US. They got the slower red ones, but the blue ones are good too.
Damir and Sete Bond like this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:57 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Don't take this wrong, I love the blue Yamaha put on my 2016, but I would be buying a new FJR if it came out in Pearl Orange. I am also partial to the Sunset Orange that GM had in the mid 2000s.

This thread makes me want to ask if anyone has ever priced or taken on a FJR repainting project. Better yet, if you made your FJR into your own color post up some pics so we can see something other than stock colors.

Tim
2016 ES
Past: 2012 HD Iron
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR16fan View Post
Don't take this wrong, I love the blue Yamaha put on my 2016, but I would be buying a new FJR if it came out in Pearl Orange. I am also partial to the Sunset Orange that GM had in the mid 2000s.

This thread makes me want to ask if anyone has ever priced or taken on a FJR repainting project. Better yet, if you made your FJR into your own color post up some pics so we can see something other than stock colors.
Yes I was also wondering how come Google or YouTube doesn't return much when searching for Yamaha FJR custom paint job, it seems that its not a common practice to repaint motorcycles. I am getting tempted to plasti-dip or vinyl wrap some parts of my fairing and maybe pannier lids, just to experiment and also protect from rock chips.

I Photoshop-ed some FJR pictures once just to see how the bike looks in other colors and combination of black and colors, if you wish see my post:

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/8-f...s-crayola.html
Sete Bond and weldteach like this.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:59 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:

@jtdunc showed up at my place to look at some Goldwing stuff I had for sale after purchasing a FJR1300 and his Sunburst Orange (SP?) was absolutely stunning on his GL1800! The color depth was magnificent and it was just a really great color I had never seen before. He does commute on a FJR1300 tho, props!
Damir likes this.

2014 FJR1300 Metallic Red
2005 Goldwing- sold
2003 Goldwing- sold
2005 Shadow- sold
2006 Burgman 650- sold
1998 ST1100-Sold
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
My sentiment exactly...I love the dark glossy blue of the '16, but if any future year was offered in Burnt/Pearl/Sunset Orange, I'd be at my dealer the next day looking to do a trade.
Damir likes this.

2016 FJR1300A
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 12:42 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Yep, those red rings on the wheels really make all the other colors pop. All right, next FJR that is available in the US that is matte silver or pearl orange, I'm ALL in. It will be hard to justify having 2 FJR's in the garage, it's already a challenge with my other bikes. I'll just tell the wife, the color that day will depend on my mood! HaHaHa!
Damir likes this.

- Jim,

2014 GenIII RED ES
2002 RED VTX1800c, she is STILL sweet!
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 03:52 PM
Farkle Trainee

The silver looks great, and I would have bought one on a heartbeat. But I love my black 2017....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2146.jpg (453.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2116.jpg (255.5 KB, 11 views)

Jim
-------------------------------------
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
2020 Kawasaki 1000SX

Last edited by jjscsix; 08-06-2019 at 03:57 PM.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscsix View Post
The silver looks great, and I would have bought one on a heartbeat. But I love my black 2017....
I had a choice between 2017 black or silver, was thinking that black would be harder to keep clean so went with silver. Black looks nice, and it goes well with all other blacks in your garage 😉

"If FJR doesn't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 ES the BEST (and most reliable) sport touring bike currently available
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 05:34 PM
Farkle Trainee

I also had the choice between matte silver or black. IMHO the silver is way more visible. Bonus is its a lot easier to clean. Oh no, not that topic again.

2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES
Gone 2016 Harley Davidson Fat Bob
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfjr View Post
I also had the choice between matte silver or black. IMHO the silver is way more visible. Bonus is its a lot easier to clean. Oh no, not that topic again.
HA HA, lets start a matte finish tread....AGAIN

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page