Oh Rossi ???? - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Oh Rossi ????

What an epic battle between Rossi and Marquez, it almost looked like Rossi kicked his brake lever I don't want to think Rossi scuttled him on purpose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 11:28 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Do you mean that Rossi kicked his FRONT brake lever? That would make sense to me, as he lost the front wheel in the crash.

I have to wonder if a GP bike on that turn, is so close to losing traction that a simple kick would cause the front tire to break loose. Possible I guess.

I watched a compilation of the encounters between Rossi and Marc and from those it sure looked like Marc was harassing him purposefully, but I don't know if that's illegal or not.

I deleted the race from my DVR already so I can't watch the whole race again to see if the compilations indications are real. I certainly didn't think Marc was harassing Rossi while watching the race in real time, but of course the camera wasn't always on them during the race, as broadcast.

Certainly the announcers didn't mention it.

07 FJR 48,000 miles 03 Yamaha FJR1300
1986 Yamaha FZX700 1977 Kawasaki KX250 1978? Yamaha TY250 1979 Yamaha YZ250 1970 850 Moto Guzzi 1974? Honda XL 100 1978? Yamaha XT500 1975 Yamaha RD350B 1964 Bridgestone 90S
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Watching the whole race, it seemed odd that Marq fell back rapidly then became competitive with Rossi. The Honda rider is out of the championship and might have provoked Rossi to assist his fellow countrymen in championship. I know these guys are super competitive and have a "never give up" mantra, but Marq was a little too menacing imo.
To me it looked like Rossi kicked his front brake lever, They seemed to be going too slow for a typical low side off.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 11:48 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The short answer is: he didn't.

There were three camera angles on the incident and only one clearly showed what happened. I have a wicked cool DVR that leats me see the angles again and again and again. The ONE angle clearly showed that Rossi had ridden way off line and way slow to make Marquez ride WAY around him. Marquez refused to wait another moment, and shouldered down and turned in on Rossi. Rossi's leg only moved AFTER Marquez rode into him. Rossi did NOT instigate the contact, Marquez did.

I have no fooking idea why Marquez was doing it, but he was clearly, clearly messing with Rossi for several corners. He was poking into Rossi's line and then NOT pushing out... keeping Rossi from chasing the leaders. It was so obvious that Rossi had time to gesture to Marquez, 'the leaders are up there, let's go.' Anyone that's been on a track and understands how race lines work can clearly see that Marquez was clearly doing it on purpose. Even race control, trying not to comment on anything leading up to the incident, had to comment that it appeared Marquez had violated Rossi's race before the incident... and it happened numerous times.

I'm a Marquez fan AND a Rossi fan, and I was REALLY disappointed at what Marquez was doing in the laps leading up to the incident. At first, I thought it was mind games, but then it became apparent that it was more like a childish temper tantrum. Then when Marquez DIDN'T remount a second bike and rejoin the race to at least compete for his fans... the story became even more clear. He WAS having a temper tantrum. We have to remember, though he seems extremely gifted, talented and mature for his age... he is really practically a child. And I think THAT's most of the story.
Random-Cyclist and Acpantera like this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 11:53 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

My wife IS a Marquez fan, being somewhat female... and SHE was yelling at the TV for the laps leading up to the incident. She could tell Marquez was screwing with Rossi.
Acpantera likes this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 12:00 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

As I watched the first six laps I commented to my wife that Marquez was deliberately holding Rossi up. It was too obvious to deny. When Rossi settled in behind him in fourth, Marquez slowed. When Rossi passed, Marquez passed again immediately and slowed.

So accepting that Rossi shouldn't have done what he did, what do you folks think he should have done?

A. Accept fourth and let Marquez hold him back until the rest of the field caught up?
B. Continue letting Marquez torment him for the rest of the race?
C. Something I haven't thought of.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 12:02 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philharmonic View Post
Do you mean that Rossi kicked his FRONT brake lever? That would make sense to me, as he lost the front wheel in the crash.
I don't see how he could kick the front brake lever. The lever is shielded pretty well on those bikes. You can barely see it in this photo. A guard coming off the end of the bar and wrapping around the brake lever.

Last edited by Mr_Ed; 10-26-2015 at 12:04 PM.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Could it be that Marq took a dive???
steve o'connor likes this.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Farkle Trainee

I agree with Liquidsilver. The first time I saw it live it looked like Rossi swung out his knee and hit MM, but after watching it over and over it's clear that MM initiated the contact with his helmet and Rossi simply responded to the hit. I wouldn't be surprised if MM grabbed his front brake when that happened and did himself in. I used to like MM but ever since he was basically out of the championship hunt he has been playing games with Rossi. To bad, it would have been a great battle but now it's over.. Although Jorge has been riding inspired the 2nd half of the season I think is a little whining bitch...
Acpantera and steve o'connor like this.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 01:52 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
It was too obvious to deny. When Rossi settled in behind him in fourth, Marquez slowed. When Rossi passed, Marquez passed again immediately and slowed.
Ex act ly!

Rossi knows how to compete and I'm not sure he has EVER come out on the short end of one of these skirmishes. He was going to take care of business that needed to happen. It was almost like MM wanted to best Rossi at being Rossi... and he was being uber-cocky about it.

I DO NOT think Marquez went down on purpose.

What I'm pissed about... is that race control didn't have the flag men out there shaking the meatball flag at Marquez. In club racing, this is how racers are threatened with penalty or disqualification if they continue with shenanigans. For two full laps, MM had meatball flag written all over him.

I think Rossi's best move would have been to be more patient... but the moto press points out that the Yamahas have been fast at the beginning of the race and the Hondas at the end... this would have fooked Rossi's race... so his impatience was warranted.

I think race control made a wise decision, considering all of the perspectives. Penalizing Rossi 3 points was about like half the difference of getting 3rd and 4th place (I think) and their judgement was against Rossi for altering Marquez's line, not for contacting him.

About Pedrosa and Lorenzo... I know it's hard to root for either because they are not good with cameras.

Lorenzo comes off like a cold, little jerk... but I don't think he is. He is consumed with the sport, talented beyond belief, not good with the language barrier... kind of a spanish brat, but in his 100-percent race-immersed life... he hasn't had time to learn to be homecoming king, etc. When he's not focused on racing, he sounds like a nice kid to me. On the racetrack, I don't think I've seen a human with more machine-like perfection. He hits his marks to the friggin' centimeter. To me, he doesn't seem have the strange ability to make bad lines work, like some others... but no other hits their marks with robotic precision like he does. If he wins the championship, I'll cheer. He works his azz off, and he'll deserve it if he gets it.

I met Pedrosa years ago. I saw the MOB of people around Rossi, so I walked around to the other paddocks where no fans were. There stood little Dani, same size as my little daughter and we had a laugh about how long it took to get through the Rossi fans. He said he loves walking around in the US, because the public here doesn't know him. In Europe, some unruly fans would haze him for the times he beat Rossi.

Anyhow, these kids are just amazing to me, and I have lots of respect for all of them... Marquez included. I think MM just had a bad attitude here and I hope he matures and gets through this.
philharmonic and Acpantera like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page