Oh Rossi ???? - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 03:12 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
I heard something about MM and Rossi having words for the past week as well as Rossi and Jorge getting into it in the press. Rossi also evidently cut in front of Jorge while he was trying to practice starting. Rossi is known to play head games with competitors.

It would have been wiser for the officials to punish Rossi in a way that does not impact the championship. A hefty financial fine perhaps. If after a few laps of the final race it is apparant that Rossi has no chance at catching Lorenzo there may be many channels changed.

Kevin
The Outpost, Silver City, MT
2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
I heard something about MM and Rossi having words for the past week as well as Rossi and Jorge getting into it in the press. Rossi also evidently cut in front of Jorge while he was trying to practice starting. Rossi is known to play head games with competitors.

It would have been wiser for the officials to punish Rossi in a way that does not impact the championship. A hefty financial fine perhaps. If after a few laps of the final race it is apparant that Rossi has no chance at catching Lorenzo there may be many channels changed.
Multi champs seem too make it hard on others in practice and qualifying, Schumacher in F1 was a real pecker on race weekends..... 7 titles and twice as many wins than anyone in history. Rossi must be cut from the same cloth.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 10:51 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
I must have been watching a different race? Have been a big fan of MotoGP for years.

For the past two years MM has been world champ on a fantastic Honda machine. Physically demanding but fast. Honda changed the frame and swingarm for 2015 using feedback from Stoner's testing. Pedrosa likes the new machine, MM has been struggling with it from race 1. Crashed out more this year than any other year. Had Honda bring back the 2014 frame for him three or four races ago and bingo, he starts winning again. Other riders have said that the Honda's are the most physical race bikes they have ever ridden, Pedrosa went out this year for arm pump issues. His replacement crashed out every race he substituted.

Rossi doesn't have the command of the Yamaha that Lorenzo does, or his team is inferior to Lorenzo's on setup, and has to push extra hard to get to the podium. He feels that MM has been toying with him since Laguna Sega years ago, when MM did to Rossi like Rossi did to Stoner. ****... it's called racing, he knows it! Rossi sees the defeat coming from the precision machine called Lorenzo. So like a child, he is lashing out at anybody that he feels wrongs him. This past Thursday, Rossi, talking to the Italian press brought this pent up anger to the surface and it surprised everyone. He taunted MM through out the free practices, almost coming to a stop on the racetrack when he felt MM was coming up behind him. That is dangerous for ALL riders. That is an absolute intimidation that continued on to race day.

Was there shenanigans, probably. How much out-of-the-blue intimidation can a young guy take. MM and all the riders are HIGHLY competitive, that is how they got there. But what Rossi did in the laps before this incident with Mark during the race on Sunday. Rossi raising his hands and looking back, during the race while they were tight, is unheard of. Then lap 6 incident, Rossi should have been black flagged or had gotten the same points as MM.

It is one thing to race a competitor, it is another thing to purposely take them out. I was a Rossi fan until Sunday, have never been a fan of Lorenzo, but that is no more. It is because he purposely took out another rider during a competition. What was MM suppose to do? Stop the bike and get off and fight? As for pitting the bike during the race, he lost his foot peg. I believe once you pit and there are no flags stating you can, your out.

- Jim,

2014 GenIII RED ES
2002 RED VTX1800c, she is STILL sweet!

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 11:08 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FjrjrF View Post
I must have been watching a different race? Have been a big fan of MotoGP for years.

For the past two years MM has been world champ on a fantastic Honda machine. Physically demanding but fast. Honda changed the frame and swingarm for 2015 using feedback from Stoner's testing. Pedrosa likes the new machine, MM has been struggling with it from race 1. Crashed out more this year than any other year. Had Honda bring back the 2014 frame for him three or four races ago and bingo, he starts winning again. Other riders have said that the Honda's are the most physical race bikes they have ever ridden, Pedrosa went out this year for arm pump issues. His replacement crashed out every race he substituted.

Rossi doesn't have the command of the Yamaha that Lorenzo does, or his team is inferior to Lorenzo's on setup, and has to push extra hard to get to the podium. He feels that MM has been toying with him since Laguna Sega years ago, when MM did to Rossi like Rossi did to Stoner. ****... it's called racing, he knows it! Rossi sees the defeat coming from the precision machine called Lorenzo. So like a child, he is lashing out at anybody that he feels wrongs him. This past Thursday, Rossi, talking to the Italian press brought this pent up anger to the surface and it surprised everyone. He taunted MM through out the free practices, almost coming to a stop on the racetrack when he felt MM was coming up behind him. That is dangerous for ALL riders. That is an absolute intimidation that continued on to race day.

Was there shenanigans, probably. How much out-of-the-blue intimidation can a young guy take. MM and all the riders are HIGHLY competitive, that is how they got there. But what Rossi did in the laps before this incident with Mark during the race on Sunday. Rossi raising his hands and looking back, during the race while they were tight, is unheard of. Then lap 6 incident, Rossi should have been black flagged or had gotten the same points as MM.

It is one thing to race a competitor, it is another thing to purposely take them out. I was a Rossi fan until Sunday, have never been a fan of Lorenzo, but that is no more. It is because he purposely took out another rider during a competition. What was MM suppose to do? Stop the bike and get off and fight? As for pitting the bike during the race, he lost his foot peg. I believe once you pit and there are no flags stating you can, your out.
You are correct.... you were watching a different race.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 12:10 AM
CSI
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsilver View Post
The short answer is: he didn't.

There were three camera angles on the incident and only one clearly showed what happened. I have a wicked cool DVR that leats me see the angles again and again and again. The ONE angle clearly showed that Rossi had ridden way off line and way slow to make Marquez ride WAY around him. Marquez refused to wait another moment, and shouldered down and turned in on Rossi. Rossi's leg only moved AFTER Marquez rode into him. Rossi did NOT instigate the contact, Marquez did.

I have no fooking idea why Marquez was doing it, but he was clearly, clearly messing with Rossi for several corners. He was poking into Rossi's line and then NOT pushing out... keeping Rossi from chasing the leaders. It was so obvious that Rossi had time to gesture to Marquez, 'the leaders are up there, let's go.' Anyone that's been on a track and understands how race lines work can clearly see that Marquez was clearly doing it on purpose. Even race control, trying not to comment on anything leading up to the incident, had to comment that it appeared Marquez had violated Rossi's race before the incident... and it happened numerous times.

I'm a Marquez fan AND a Rossi fan, and I was REALLY disappointed at what Marquez was doing in the laps leading up to the incident. At first, I thought it was mind games, but then it became apparent that it was more like a childish temper tantrum. Then when Marquez DIDN'T remount a second bike and rejoin the race to at least compete for his fans... the story became even more clear. He WAS having a temper tantrum. We have to remember, though he seems extremely gifted, talented and mature for his age... he is really practically a child. And I think THAT's most of the story.

Agreed.

Marquez knows he is out of the title hunt...but he doesn't want to see Rossi get it either.

Between Marquez and Race Control, they all but gave the 2015 MotoGP Championship to Lorenzo.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 12:12 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
I'm waiting to see how FIM rules on this. I'd hate to see Rossi start last on the grid.

2005 Yamaha FJR1300 ABS
1978 Honda CB750
1975 Yamaha TX750
1973 Honda CB350
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 02:20 AM
CSI
Farkle Trainee

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 07:51 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
Nice well thought out article..... Hard not to disagree with anything really....
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 12:28 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FjrjrF View Post
I must have been watching a different race?
Yeah buddy.

I hate whining as much as you, but it was obvious to me what was happening for several corners before. Marquez did the EXACT same 'ride wide and stop' move to Rossi two times. At first I thought it was mental chess, but it got way too obvious. Look at Marquez' position with the leaders, he wasn't going backwards from the leaders except when he was in front of Rossi.

I like both riders and nobody's above being childish when history's at stake. The other racers aren't happy because it's now looking like a soap opera.
steve o'connor likes this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Farkle Trainee

Lol really. Maybe they've been wanting out and are looking for excuses

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/new...ed-rossi-kick/
philharmonic likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page