Traded 1199 Panigale for CBR1000rr - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 5Likes
  • 3 Post By jjscsix
  • 1 Post By Rumblestrip
  • 1 Post By jjscsix

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Traded 1199 Panigale for CBR1000rr

I know we have some folks who are interested in other bikes, so I thought I would post here.

A couple of days ago I traded my Panigale for a new, leftover 2018 CBR1000rr. The Panigale was eight years old, and for a Ducati it was all ready and high mileage bike at 32,000. Maintenance is expensive, and since I retired I started putting 8,000 miles a year on the bike.

So for the same reason I traded my BMW1600 for an FJR, and traded my KTM Superduke GT for an Ninja 1000SX, I decided to go to a more reliable Honda. There were killer deals on leftover CBR1000s. I just want to get on my bikes and put mikes on them without fear of expensive problems. I absolutely loved the Panigale, but after two rides of 120 and 150 miles, I’m now in love with the CBR. Honda made it a top tier bike with the all new version that came out in 2017.

Here is a link to my impressions of the bike on the CBR forum for those interested.
https://www.1000rr.net/threads/got-t...216;18.259270/
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg CC24F650-5D1E-457E-A7F2-2F1B373DB4E1.jpeg (135.7 KB, 8 views)

Jim
-------------------------------------
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2018 Honda CBR1000rr
2020 Kawasaki 1000SX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 10:19 AM
FJR Top Gun

Nice bike Jim, congratulations. I know 2 guys that own them and nothing but good things to say about them. Lightest? No... Fastest? No..... Most reliable?.... Probably..... Great all around motorcycles? Absolutely.

All Euro to all Asian..quite a turn around lol.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 10:33 AM
Farkle Trainee

Far-Blade nation !!!!

And to quote one of the Italian manufacturers my company deals with....

".....Grazie, and this is the most important thing!!!
ALWAYS AND ONLY PURCHASE JAPANESE BIKES!!!! "

Hahahaha..
jjscsix likes this.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

2013 Stone Grey

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ferret View Post
Nice bike Jim, congratulations. I know 2 guys that own them and nothing but good things to say about them. Lightest? No... Fastest? No..... Most reliable?.... Probably..... Great all around motorcycles? Absolutely.

All Euro to all Asian..quite a turn around lol.
Actually, since the 2017 redesign it actually may be the lightest. I was amazed to learn its as light as my Panigale. The power only dyno's at 149 at the wheels (rated at 189), but it feels **** fast. And the mid range power is very strong. There is also an aftermarket "flash" to the ECU that easily brings the power up that apparently the US loses to meet our EPA requirements or some such thing. From what I have read the throttle valves are only open 70% above 10,000 RPM - it red lines at 13,000. I'd rather not mess with that, but who knows. If it's a very reputable tuner I may consider it. But the bike feels like its quite fast already.

I was also VERY surprised to hear how good the bike sounds. When you roll into the throttle it opens an exhaust valve and I swear it sounds like a formula one car. I had assumed I would want an aftermarket exhaust, but it does not need one.
the Ferret likes this.

Jim
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2018 Honda CBR1000rr
2020 Kawasaki 1000SX
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblestrip View Post
Far-Blade nation !!!!

And to quote one of the Italian manufacturers my company deals with....

".....Grazie, and this is the most important thing!!!
ALWAYS AND ONLY PURCHASE JAPANESE BIKES!!!! "

Hahahaha..
I've told people that the Ducati was an Italian mistress - high maintenance and expensive to keep, but worth it. I guess the old saying "for every really hot XXX, there is some guy who is just tired or her sh*t". I guess I finally got to that point.

Jim
2017 Yamaha FJR1300 ES
2018 Honda CBR1000rr
2020 Kawasaki 1000SX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page