4Likes
  • 2 Post By the Ferret
  • 1 Post By RaYzerman
  • 1 Post By the Ferret

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

MotoGP events canceled

The long awaited MotoGP races are being postponed and or canceled due to Corona virus
The end of the world is imminent ;-P

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...f-qatar/326209

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...stponed/326216

"If FJR doesn't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 ES the BEST (and most reliable) sport touring bike currently available

Last edited by Damir; 03-02-2020 at 11:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 10:13 AM
FJR Top Gun

I know, that stinks. Been waiting anxiously for the start of the season. Been following GP since 1973 and have the MotoGP package so I can see everything. At least will be able to watch Moto 2 and Moto 3 although they don't interest me much.
FjrjrF and Damir like this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Formula 1 season is in jeopardy as well, mostly due to travelling restriction from Italy, Quatar decided to quarantine MotoGP team personal for 14 days upon arrival, Australia will probably do the same for Ferrari and AlfaTauri F1 teams.

It seems that it's going to be a bad 2020 year for; event organizers, travel agencies, airplane/cruise etc companies, food exporters, business from East/China, stock markets, and everybody else in the world

general population getting nervous and panic is slowly kicking in, some reports in today's news about larger then usual quantities of water,crackers and other necessities disappearing from store shelving even here in Canada. If the virus doesn't kill us, Panic most definitely will ;-P

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 12:24 PM
FJR Top Gun

Being retired my 401K is sure taking a hit. Been thru this before, but I don't have as much time to recover. I know the markets will bounce back eventually but feel like I should hide what I have left under my pillow for awhile. Meanwhile money guys are saying it's a good time to invest. lol

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 01:02 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Always buy on bad news!!
FjrjrF likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Hmmm, most of the "money guys" are still keeping their day jobs, and they are never honest enough to admit every time they loose money.
Interestingly enough it seems lottery jackpots are always the highest during tough economic times.

They say most of the investors world is still trying to recover from 2008 fiasco, even the hardcore optimists are giving up on "it will bounce back" phrase ...realisticaly, maybe it will but I wouldn't hold my breath it will happen in our time. So hang on tight to all you have, at least until this year is over 😄

"If FJR doesn't make you Grin from ear-to-ear,... there is something wrong with your Face"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 ES the BEST (and most reliable) sport touring bike currently available
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 03:11 PM
FJR Top Gun

Corona Virus, Bird Flu, Ebola, Zika Virus, etc ... there's always something out here trying to cut down on the world's population
Gary B. likes this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 04:11 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
SPOILER!!! DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED AT A LATER DATE!!! BUT, I'm saying nothing that is not common knowledge already.

It appears at today's point. Austin's race will be this year's first race on April 5th. At this point. It would be great if they returned to Laguna Seca and Indianapolis to fill in these missed races. Just a suggestion.

Yamaha would be incredibly hard to beat this year from the early testing. Petronis with Fabio can only be beaten by Maverick on Yamaha factory as the early test results have it. Marquez is still recovering from his other shoulder surgery over the winter. After 2019 being Honda's year all the way around, Yamaha appears poised and ready. It also appears Fabio will join the factory team next year as Rossi exits.

- Jim,

2014 GenIII RED ES
2002 RED VTX1800c, she is STILL sweet!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page