-18 MotoGP Season - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FjrjrF View Post
Stoner also had that never give up attitude which made it a pleasure watching him on Ducati and then Honda rides.

This is for Jim...............
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Stoner 3.bmp (3.52 MB, 21 views)

"Ride On"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 02:57 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
This is for Jim...............
Sweet!!! Thank you Koda! Ahhh the old Aussie #27. I didn't like when he switched to #1 after his championship win on the Repsol. Always liked the 27. Makes you think back at ALL the fun, edge of seat moments I've had going back to when I started following the motoGP. I went to every GP hosted in Indy, cause I had a feeling it would not last long. Wished I'd had made it to Laguna Seca when GP was there!
Koda likes this.

- Jim,

2014 GenIII RED ES
2002 RED VTX1800c, she is STILL sweet!

Last edited by FjrjrF; 03-21-2018 at 08:50 PM. Reason: spelling
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FjrjrF View Post
I went to every GP hosted in Indy, cause I had a feeling it would not last long. Wished I'd had made it to Laguna Sega when GP was there!
LOL....I feel ya!!! I attended Laguna for 19yrs straight (WSB & then GP when it came back). Then a couple years ago, when GP left.....I stopped going cuz the race always fell on wifee's b-day. And I think wifee was tired of getting Laguna/GP tee shirts for her birthday every year....heheheehh. I never figured out why she tired of them.... Now I'm jones-en for track/race/viewing time.

I too was quite bummed that Stoney took the #1 plate. There is major satisfaction in knowing where people are in the championship without having their numbers reflect the position. I guess it's a true race fan thang.....

Chat later......
FjrjrF likes this.

"Ride On"

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 04:18 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
I was stationed at FT Ord in the late 70’s and early 80’s. Laguna Seca was next to the post and there was even a gate between the two. This was was when Roberts was in the midst of his F1 championships and Spencer, Lawson, Rainey and Mamola were racing in the states. Roberts would return for the Laguna Seca 200 each year during the F1 summer break. I got to know the track manager and worked as a volunteer for races of all sorts. For the 200 I drove the crash truck along with another guy; it was a pick-up with a power lift on the back. After every practice, qualifying session or race, for the various bike classifications, we would drive the track picking up disabled bikes and riders if they were still with their bike. Of course, the top riders were long gone having been picked up by their team, so we put the bike in the back and brought it back to the pits. The privateers would often still be with their bikes and ride back with us. I got to meet many of the top riders and move around the pits as I desired. Back in those days the cork screw was where the dope smokers, drunks and party people went to sit on the hillside. People partied hard and the area was mostly left alone. My partner in the truck made a sign that he could flip out the window and hang on the driver’s door on stringvas we we went through the corkscrew. The sign read “Show me your tits”. More than a few did.
Koda and FjrjrF like this.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
ROUND 2 Argentina

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How frustrating was that race? Drama to the "max"!!!!
1) Sorry Jack......it was what it was.
2) Rossi....no points. booooooo
3) Zarco....won't be long.
4) Dovi....some points are better than none.
5) Lorenzo.....lolollllololllollollolll
6) Rins....congratz!!! Very happy for this guy. Last year was a bummer for him.
7) Marquez.... 2 thumbs down to a true A-Hole. There is no way you are the #1 rider in the world running as fast as you where all weekend and are excused from that reckless behavior. Come on Race Direction.....man up and give that jerk a 3 race suspension!!

MotoGP....."the greatest show on earth"
Brew1 and Scott_H like this.

"Ride On"

post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Farkle Trainee

I am disappointed in Rossi not stepping up and allowing Marq to apologize, that was poor sportsmanship.

I also do not agree that Marg should be able to finish ahead of Rossi after the penalty. They should have put him behind Rossi.

Blchandl2
'15 FJR1300 (Primer)
PEACE, Something to shoot for.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Farkle Trainee

I don't know how he could apologize, that was an embarrassment, I mean how entitled can you be to ride like that?
Koda and Scott_H like this.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blchandl2 View Post
I am disappointed in Rossi not stepping up and allowing Marq to apologize, that was poor sportsmanship..
That's a tuffy for me. That was an emotional race....and if somebody crashed me out of the points (when I was in 3rd position in the championship)....it would take me a moment to collect my thoughts and not go off on the guy (especially with all their history). I might have done the same thing....not sure. But I thought Rossi was a "class act" in the interviews post race. He wouldn't let the media talk about their relationship. Very professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blchandl2 View Post
I also do not agree that Marg should be able to finish ahead of Rossi after the penalty. They should have put him behind Rossi.

I thought about that as well. But no points for both, is no points for both, regardless of the position. Personally, I just don't feel another 30sec penalty (the 3rd penalty of the race) was enough. I wish they would have DNF'ed Marquez....and then suspended him for bad behavior. I hate to repeat myself...but Marquez is worse than Simoncelli (and I loved Marco), with regards to running into folks. And we remember how that sadly came to an end.

MotoGP is sooooo exciting at times. It saddens me when people get hurt....and then when recklessness promotes the problem. I was sad when I saw Carmelo Ezpeleta come out yesterday and support Race Directions decision to call the penalties "good enough". Marquez gets away with waaayyyyy tooooo much. The power of being such a huge ticket draw. It's all about the money. :/

>>> Bring em to America <<< ) Can't wait!!

"Ride On"

Last edited by Koda; 04-10-2018 at 09:13 AM.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 08:13 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
<snip>.........It's all about the money. :/

BINGO!!!
Koda likes this.

Blchandl2
'15 FJR1300 (Primer)
PEACE, Something to shoot for.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
COTA (Texas

Wow....yawnnnn. O hummm.
Texas does not seem to be one of those tracks that produces very interesting racing. Either you're on your game...or you're off. It's a big track that really separates those that are off their game quite quickly.....wouldn't ya say?

I'm still booing Marquez to the max!!!! But he definitely laid down some spank on race day. ggrrrrr.........
Pedrosa.....what a man!! A little bugger....but what a man.
Rins....didn't see that crash happening.
Crutchlow....still showen he can crash at all the wrong times.....pfft.
Dovi.....still Mr. steady. Nice job with a bad situation.
Zarco....with such a slow start on the weekend....points are good.
Iannone....he'll start crashing again....like Cal. To bad too, I like the guy.
Lorenzo.....lolloloolloolloololllolloolol

Can't wait for Jerez.....

"Ride On"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page