-17 MotoGP season - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 11:41 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Unless someone puts the outcome of the race in the thread title, for example "Rossi laps the field to win Qatar GP", it is on the reader if he reads about the outcome in the body of a MotoGP thread. If you do not want to know, then do not enter.
EXACTLY!! Don't hesitate to post away, but please don't put the result in the title. (I hate facebook for that!)
Koda likes this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 04:05 PM
Farkle Trainee

Thumbs down

When is somebody gonna invent the technology that would enable a broadcaster to send out a signal to a DVR unit when a scheduled event is delayed to keep the recorder recording? 4 hours on the DVR and bc of rain (in the freaking desert!!!???) and the delay it caused, I only got the first 6 laps....grrrrr

May the wind take your troubles away.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
4 hours on the DVR and bc of rain (in the freaking desert!!!???) and the delay it caused, I only got the first 6 laps....grrrrr

Bummer dood!!!! But, they where 6 "good" laps. ) I was/am really hoping for an Iannone turn around. New bike, new team, etc. But alas, he did the same crap he did last year....4 times he was in contention for a podium, but then, face plant in the dirt. I was sooo sad for Ducati last year, and Iannone picked up right where he left off last year. booooo.......

And KTM....oops. Thought they would be a little further up the time sheet. But what an exciting year it could be. woo hoo!!!

"Ride On"

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 11:40 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainWreck View Post
When is somebody gonna invent the technology that would enable a broadcaster to send out a signal to a DVR unit when a scheduled event is delayed to keep the recorder recording? 4 hours on the DVR and bc of rain (in the freaking desert!!!???) and the delay it caused, I only got the first 6 laps....grrrrr
Just do like I do with a baseball game- watch 3, nap for a while, watch 3. Then it's like you've seen the whole thing!
FjrjrF likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I was wondering.......you fellas that do the DVR thing, do you get "all" of the race? The 15min on the grid stuff before race, interviews, trophy presentation, etc.?
There seams to be a lot of cost associated with viewing these races. I think I pay around $95. a race season (that I feel is a lot)....which gets you in at about $5. per race, plus all the footage on practices etc. But, I never miss a second of the race due to commercials. boooo on commercials!

Anyway....just wondering how many folks keep up with GP on the web? It works for me. Especially sense we don't have TV. lollolol

ps....what's up with Crutchlow and all his crashes? It's hard to be competitive on the ground.
FjrjrF likes this.

"Ride On"

post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 04:15 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
BeIn sports shows the races commercial free. Their pre-race show is horrible. The set looks like a Vegas strip club and the woman hosting it looks both out of place and uncomfortable in her mini leather skirt and stiletto heels. The guys calling the race do a decent job.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 04:40 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsilver View Post
EXACTLY!! Don't hesitate to post away, but please don't put the result in the title. (I hate facebook for that!)
Liquid don't worry about seeing/reading the results on the Forum...I'll give you a call (to the Brass Door) and tell you. NOT !
You Guys have a good ride, I'll miss you guys.
Liquidsilver likes this.

There is no better therapy than a ride.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
BeIn sports shows the races commercial free. Their pre-race show is horrible. The set looks like a Vegas strip club and the woman hosting it looks both out of place and uncomfortable in her mini leather skirt and stiletto heels. The guys calling the race do a decent job.
I also watch on BeIn sports, you're right the pre-race is pretty bad. I have never seen the woman not wearing leather. I usually set my DVR to record a extra hour to hour and a haft in case there are delays. Would like to see Rossi win one more championship, but not sure he can pull it off.

2016 FJR1300A
2014 Stryker
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Would like to see Rossi win one more championship, but not sure he can pull it off.

I too would love to see Rossi get one more (or 2 )!
When Marquez hit the seen, I was a little enthralled at first. But then, after he started banging into people the way Simoncelli would bump into folks....I quickly turned on Marquez. Marquez still frustrates me....just like last Sunday when he blew into Iannone....grrrr!
Zarco will be my new guy as Rossi yields towards his age.

And btw.....wouldn't this all look soooo different.....if Stoner was still in the mix? hehe

mmmmmmm.......MotoGP!!
Scott_H likes this.

"Ride On"

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 11:56 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainWreck View Post
I was in the same boat, Train. I was watching on the DVR, watching the delay eating into the recording time and I knew what was going to happen. My only solution was to watch the end of the race from the 'ripper guys' recording of the broadcast on YouTube with the voices altered and resolution compromised. It did enable me to watch the end of the race. Helluva race!

I could tell the young Frenchman was going down by the way he was throwing it in... I just didn't know when. That kid is going to be a force this year, as well as Vinales. Dovi is such a nice kid, it's nice to see him have a good finish - the patience of a saint to not have justifiably murdered Ianonne last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
boooo on commercials!
I understand that sentiment, but even if I weren't in the commercials business... I would still prefer the races to be televised with commercials instead of of todays semi-reliable pay-per-view model.

1) Good broadcasters can time delay so that pertinent moments of the race aren't missed... and the advertisers with the money are going to DEMAND that the whole race gets covered. I can also eliminate commercials by taping or DVRing the broadcast like I do with NHL, NFL and MLB.

2) With pay-per-view streaming, the sport does not grow. It's watched by current fans only. This is killing a lot of racing series today.

3) With pay-per-view only, sponsors get WAYYY less exposure for their support of teams, so there are WAYYY fewer good sponsors. This affects team support all across the sport, especially in the 'minor league' teams. The only sponsorships left are the ones we're sick of seeing constantly like Progressive and Monster, because they're big enough to grab naming rights and stuff.

4) Even with a high priced subscription, the production dollars are so much smaller that we won't get the big production truck type coverage like Fox Sports One does with Supercross. The dollars wouldn't balance even if the subscription cost $200.

MotoGP coverage is great, but it's live-streamed and broadcast worldwide, so it has a huge funding base. It seems to work for them, but it is not promoting growing audiences in the US, especially when the only broadcast outlet is a fledgling cable network based on soccer. Soccer may be a good vehicle to grow that network which would be good, if they kept MotoGP too. I'd sure trade DirectTV the crap ESPN/CNN networks for BeIn.

- -
Koda likes this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page