FJR Owners Forum banner

windshield not lowering automatically

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bounce 
#1 ·
A couple weeks ago i've began to notice that every now and then the windshield doesn't automatically lower when I turn off the ignition. Over the past couple weeks it's become a more frequent and now it doesn't do it at all. While I don't mind the windshield not lowering automatically I'm worried this might be a symptom of a bigger issue that has yet to rear it's ugly head. Do you guys have any suggestions as to might be the culprit or where to start?

#3 ·
ok ,,does it lower if the ignition is on ..can you move it up and down?? If so then it is probably the white connector under the right side dash cover ,, or the relay ( there are two ..one raises one lowers ) if it only doesnt move when you shut it off .. I would look at the connector .. if it doesnt move at all i would start at the relay and move the the motor .. but some people disconnect thew white connector to stop the auto lower function

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.