Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums - View Single Post - Local FJR owners
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 06:40 AM
spectreman
Farkle Trainee

Welcome onboard.

My name is Lee and I'm approaching the big 60 in rapid fashion. I live right around the corner, in Palm City. Owned my '16 FJR for just about a year now but, because of hip surgery & recovery, haven't ridden since February.

The FJR is a great ride but she's a big one in comparison to every other bike I've owned. I purchased mine for the near-exclusive purpose of having my daughter, who's just about to turn 17, ride w/me. Figured it was a great way to connect w/her before she goes off to college next year. Sadly, my surgery interrupted those plans but in the dozen or so local rides we've shared, she's loved it so I guess that makes it worth it.

I admire your goal, a cross-country trip. Never ridden any of my bikes out of state but if there was one to do it on, the FJR would be it!

I'm still a little leery about mounting up at this point but if the weather holds and you'd like to hook up one weekend or evening w/clear skies, let me know! We'll see how courageous I get.
Lee

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome