Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums - View Single Post - throttle body sync issues
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2020, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
hipi111
Trainee Sport Tourer

throttle body sync issues

okay so the other day i got my morgan tbs in the mail and i tried to sync it and ran into some issues (gen1 2005)

so my first question is do i first set the 3rd cyclinder to 25cm and adjust the rest then or don't touch it people seem to have different opinions about this

i got them mostly synced up but cylinder 4 i can screw it all the way in and out without it really changing it drops but it doesn't go up. cylinder 1 is all the way in for it to line up but it's a bit of a given that the screws shouldn't be all the way in or out. what causes this exactly?

what i did ran the engine till it was warm about 2bars then turned it off then removed the rubber tabs on the nipples and hooked up the throttle body sync since 4 was the lowest i adjusted that one first once i saw the screw could be turned all the way in without changing anything i went to 1 and 2

i wouldn't be surprised if the tb is dirty or the injectors got some blow back from when the engine skipped timing

cheers

Sven
1998 Kawasaki KDX 200
1982 Suzuki GSXL 750
1998 Honda shadow vt 600
1996 BMW f 650 Funduro
2005 Yamaha fjr1300a

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome