Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums - View Single Post - New to me '05 FJR
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2020, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
David Shelton
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipi111 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Shelton View Post
EXACTLY the info I am looking for!!!! Much appreciated. Is this a simple break out the tools and torque wrench and swap out, or is it a specific process?

Thanks
it can be a bit fiddly since access to the cct is rather limited its recommended to have a ratchet wrench since getting to the 8mm bolts is very difficult

step 1 remove the crank case and ziptie the chain together so it wont jump any teeth while removing the cct

step 2 remove any plastics that are in the way of getting to the cct.

step 3 get a ratchet wrench 8mm to get those 2 bolts out you wont be able to get them out with a regular ratchet since the space you have to work with is limited pull them out and the cct make sure to check the cct gasket if you can reuse it or not

step 4 make a small groove in the 8mm bolts so you can fit a flat head screwdriver in this will make it easier to install and take off again if you ever need to

step 5 install the new cct and gasket make sure to pull the small T pin out once its bolted in so the chain is under tension and reverse the removal procedure

it's pretty standard you just dont have much room to work with thats the only main issue really and be sure you dont skip any timing
I have the stock trunk and side bags.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C1874BB6-77DE-404D-9BC4-349928C4047B_1592174365958.jpeg (101.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 3BCBA3B5-921F-4B66-983E-C4597AAA23BA_1592174372911.jpg (129.7 KB, 14 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome