Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums - View Single Post - Compression adjustment leaking
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Dakota
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
You don't h ave a location in your profile, so I don't know where you are. My recommendation is to call a local suspension shop, failing that, call Cogent Dynamics in Fletcher, NC... they work on all kinds of bike suspensions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar View Post
Are you sure its a leak from the compression adjustment because its very rare and you have both leaking - never seen that one before in the 13 years ive been here.

It may be the fork seals leaking and you are just seeing it drip off the compression adjusters? i would wash off the fork legs and double check your diagnostic.

If its the fork seals there may be a solution before you go stripping the forks down come back and let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan smithy View Post
There is one other place it could be leaking from, the bolt that goes up from the bottom of the fork, on a bike this old it must have had at least one fork rebuild before now and the bolts could be leaking.
I will clean off both to be certain. I am in the Pensacola FL area FWIW. I don't see any sign of oil above the adjusters but better to be 100% sure before doing anything. I have the service manual so am aware of the drain bolts above the axle.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome