FJR Owners Forum banner

How many 2018 FJR1300 imported ?

5K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Bill Lumberg 
#1 ·
How many 2018 Cobalt Blue FJR1300 were actually imported to the USA? Seems like less then 200 units? :surprise:

I bought #138 still in the crate in Sacramento, CA #136 & #137 are sitting on the dealership floor in Petaluma, CA

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Wouldn't surprise me at all if the numbers are low... sport touring is a dying art.

#16 ·
The other forums have repositories of technical data on the FJR. Quite extensive ones. Perhaps someone here could sticky something to track the end of serials. It wouldn’t come anywhere near Being a definitive indicator of production, but it’d give us an idea.

#18 ·
There are four sets of FJR serial numbers: USA "A" and "ES"s and CA "A" and "ES"s.

Tell you what: Everyone with a 2018 FJR, please start sending in your VINs (omitting the last four numbers) until I have at least one sample of the four types and I will try to unravel the VDS section (characters four through eight).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.