Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums - View Single Post - how do you lower height of fjr1300?
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:57 AM
red
FJR Top Gun

how do you lower height of fjr1300?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestphotog View Post
I am 5'9" and i feel the bike is controlling me rather than me controlling the bike. Is there anyway to lower the height of my FJR 2013 ?
Thank you
Bestphotog
Bestphotog,

All kidding aside, there are a number of ways to get the feet down. If you use lowering links (I did), you can either get the sidestand foot cut off and re-welded to length (I did), or grind a small bit from the sidestand stop, so the sidestand can swing slightly farther forward. The welding job was cheap. Do not fill the gas tank more than half-full for a while; the FJR is top-heavy enough without a full tank to make things worse for you. Keep the bike very vertical when paddling around in a parking lot; once the bike goes a little too far over, no rider can stop the drop. Do not park anywhere that you will need to back out. Park where you can ride out going forward. Links:

Seat lowering

Light tactical boots, side zipper

HTH.

Cheers,
Red
2008 FJR1300A
- Pirelli Angel GT (Spec A) tires, RDL seat, TPMS, GPS digital speedometer (Amazon ~US$28.00).
P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome