Have Toys, Will Travel. - Page 25 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 377Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #241 of 1061 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Bernie, here's some plans for Saturday. We will be having out usual breakfast at Cafe Metz in Canungra from 7:30 to 8:30, and will head to Flavours Cafe (8 Railway St, Boonah QLD 4310) to be there at about 9:45 or 10. It's about 120km from Esk to Boonah, and I suggest you don't go through Ipswich, but go around RAAF Amberley

After coffee (and telling tall stories) we'll ride locally for as much or as little as we like, showing off some other parts of SE Qld to you. I'll be on Zea's FZ6.

It will be great to catch up again, and Saturdays riding will be at a more leisurely pace than the last time we rode together

IBA 21684

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I (may) did crash but I (will) did not die by accident
Brakes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Who needs brakes - they only slow you down
but when you do need them, use them with all your might
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 1061 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

OK, sounds good, we will be there.
david1300 likes this.

FJR Models owned from new, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2014.
post #243 of 1061 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Today we rode down to Boonah to meet David Eagle, an old friend from the FJR Forum. We met at the Flavours Cafe and partook of some delicious Oompagaloompa food while catching up on years of gossip. Then David took us on an exciting ride around Lake Moogerah where he showed us the scene of his recent crash, followed by another exciting blast along the shore of Wyaralong Dam. Then we rode up to Tamborine Mountain to inspect the Thunderbird Park with a view to moving our caravan there next week, but it was jam packed full due to the local school holidays being on. David left us there, and we proceeded onto the mountain top for some piccies and another coffee. Then, it was the long ride back to Esk, and the dam GPS got us onto a Toll Way for which we have no pass, so I don't know what will happen now.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/BB.../Boonah%20Ride
Random-Cyclist likes this.

post #244 of 1061 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Bernie, send me your rego by PM or text and I'll add your bike to my toll account for the next month. Then this trip, and if it happens again, will just be charged to my account, no problem. The toll system in SE Qld works on number plate matching to bikes (no transponders), so it will be all good. I'll just take you off the account when you leave SE Qld.
philharmonic likes this.

IBA 21684

Brakes
post #245 of 1061 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Will do, many thanks for your kind offer.

post #246 of 1061 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 12:40 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

That's great that you guys could meet up!

Watch out for that David1300 though, he'll take you to a fancy restaurant and then pay the bill before you get the chance.
david1300 likes this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #247 of 1061 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsilver View Post
That's great that you guys could meet up!

Watch out for that David1300 though, he'll take you to a fancy restaurant and then pay the bill before you get the chance.
Then scare the pants off you when you have to follow him down his favorite roads while you're 2 up on an FJR, and he is on a sporty FZ600.

post #248 of 1061 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
Then scare the pants off you when you have to follow him down his favorite roads while you're 2 up on an FJR, and he is on a sporty FZ600.
And I thought I was hanging back for you, Bernie I have the advantage of knowing where the local officers favourite spots are, so some roads I can ride with relative impunity
Bernie and Random-Cyclist like this.

IBA 21684

Brakes
post #249 of 1061 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Yesterday we moved the caravan down to Canungra, where we setup in the Showground campsite for a week. Zea and David Eagle met us at the Cafe Metz for lunch, then we did some shopping and had a lazy afternoon. This morning, I dragged the bike out of the garage, and Lynn out of bed, and we took a ride up the mountain to O'Reillys Guesthouse, in the Lamington National Park, where we had lunch and fed the birds. The road up the mountain is awesomely dangerous, being narrow single lane in places, right on the edge of cliffs, dozens of blind 180 degree turns, and having to cope with 2 way traffic all the way. But it's worth it for the views.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/BB...s%20Guesthouse

post #250 of 1061 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
... The road up the mountain is awesomely dangerous fun, being narrow single lane in places, right on the edge of cliffs dozens of blind, full of low speed 180 degree turns, and having to cope with 2 way traffic all the way. But it's worth it for the views.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/BB...s%20Guesthouse
There you are - I fixed it for you

Seriously, it is all you say, and a lot worse over weekends when you have weekend tourists up and down the road.

Thursday morning I'm taking a friend (newer rider) for a training run that will be fairly sedate, so let's maybe plan a run up to Springbrook if it suits you (Purlingbrook Falls, Canyon Lookout, Best of All Lookouts, Lyrebird Ridge Road). Maybe aim to meet up at the cafe at Hinze Dam at around 9 am? Let me know if that might work for you. (Hinze Dam is 30 min from Canungra via Clagiraba Road - your GPS will try and take you a longer way; or 45+ minutes going via Upper and Lower Beechmont)

IBA 21684

Brakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page