Have Toys, Will Travel. - Page 110 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 401Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1091 of 1092 (permalink) Old 07-22-2020, 12:47 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Agreed. I just want to ride them... LOL

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1092 of 1092 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Lynn & I have wanted to see the new Visitor Centre at Cradle Mountain for some weeks now, but the weather has been so cold at night, that there was a danger of black ice on the road, and I didn't want to risk it.

But today dawned bright, clear, and warm enough that there was no danger of ice, so we jumped on the mighty Super Tenere and set off. Well, it turned out to be a perfect ride, no wind, no traffic, magnificent scenery, and one of the best, twistiest roads in Tasmania. I had a ball.

The visitor centre is a most impressive building, but I was surprised at how small the internal rooms are. The shop and cafe in particular, are tiny. I have seen upwards of a thousand cars, and dozens of buses parked here in the high season, probably 5000 people, and I don't think this facility is big enough.

However, with the pandemic and lockdown, there were very few people today, and we had no trouble. We sat outside to have our coffee and cake, and I was soon mobbed by about 20 hungry Currawongs with big, pointy beaks, who ate most of my cake. We have been to Dove Lake and Cradle Mountain many times, so we didn't bother going out there today.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SSTqVWwh8u2ZqL488

FJR Models owned from new, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2014.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page