Have Toys, Will Travel. - Page 108 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 386Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1071 of 1073 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

We had a busy day on Sunday. Started off with our usual delicious breakfast at the Earthwater Cafe, then motored through to Railton to see a bike show. We went in the car because I don't like leaving our very expensive riding gear sitting on the bike while we wander around the show, too many sticky fingers around, even in Tasmania.

There was an impressive selection of bikes on show, including 3 immaculate Kawasaki Z900's, and a rare Suzuki 125 Stinger, a bike I can remember lusting after when I was still a school boy. I can't believe how people can keep an old bike looking so good, you could never actually ride it, so what's the point, it's for display only, and I find that sad.

Then we motored through to Deloraine to meet a fellow Rhodesian bikie from Bulawayo called Bert Furmston, who is working on a wind power generating farm up at Wadamana in the central highlands. Bert saw my posts on FB and looked me up. We met and had a delightful "whenwe" session over a meal and coffee. It was great to meet some one who can relate to your experiences.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mNNGH67C6eNAXqSA7

FJR Models owned from new, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1072 of 1073 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

There was another bike show in Ulverstone this weekend, so we took a drive down with a friend from Mole Creek, to reminisce over our old bikes, and very enjoyable it was too. On the way, we managed to show the friend, who is a local, some roads and scenery that he had never seen before.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HLcWudgoG8vw3HL16
RaYzerman and rbentnail like this.

post #1073 of 1073 (permalink) Old Today, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

It's been a busy weekend. On Saturday we had a morning market at the Mole Creek public hall, and an agricultural show at the village of Chudleigh, a few Km down the road. Today, we had our usual breakfast at the Earthwater Cafe, in glorious sunshine, then rode to Deloraine to see the annual car show.

Once again, there was an astonishing number of high quality, and high value, machines on display. I was only able to photograph a small percentage of them. Thankfully, it was a relatively cool day, +20C, but it was still hot work wandering around in full leathers looking at cars, I soon lost interest.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PcXLmFGkMs5ZMBLa7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page