Think I've found my limit - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2020, 06:34 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ferret View Post
Dang Chuck, that is serious. Would have never thought of leaving my bike, but I suppose that was the smartest thing to do. How long did you have to leave them up there?

I like hardcore dudes when it comes to motorcycling.

Awesome pics btw.
We Hitch Hiked back down to Pagosa Springs, and called our Road Side assistance. By the time he got there and got us back up to the bikes the storm was over and the roads were safe to ride back down to Pagosa Springs. All this in about 4 hours. It was a fast moving storm. We got our hotel room back and sat on the patio drinking beer the rest of the day. Then headed back up the mountain the next morning to very blue sunny skies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP2754.JPG (350.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP2765.JPG (464.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP2767.JPG (328.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP2768.JPG (360.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP2769.JPG (368.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP2764.JPG (453.1 KB, 13 views)
cra-z1 likes this.

Chuck Henderson (US Army RET 1968-1991) (Forever Home Colorado) STOC# 086, KLRST# 001
RIDE a little FASTER, RIDE a little FURTHER
14 FJR1300A (Ruby FeeJeR) 17 Versys 300X(Little Gray Bike) 19 Versys 1000LT SE (Flying Nun) 13 Vstrom 650(Wee III)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by chucksklrst; 12-26-2020 at 06:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2020, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksklrst View Post
We Hitch Hiked back down to Pagosa Springs, and called our Road Side assistance. By the time he got there and got us back up to the bikes the storm was over and the roads were safe to ride back down to Pagosa Springs. All this in about 4 hours. It was a fast moving storm. We got our hotel room back and sat on the patio drinking beer the rest of the day. Then headed back up the mountain the next morning to very blue sunny skies.
Wow, that's wild. 4 hours. Heck it snowed here day before yesterday and the roads are still too snowy/icy to ride. lol

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2020, 08:50 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Ferret View Post
Wow, that's wild. 4 hours. Heck it snowed here day before yesterday and the roads are still too snowy/icy to ride. lol

What can I say. Late Mountain Spring Storms. Like I said, if you ride the Rockies Mountains, be prepared as any thing can happen weather wise in the mountains. Same thing if you ever get the chance to ride the Alps.

Chuck Henderson (US Army RET 1968-1991) (Forever Home Colorado) STOC# 086, KLRST# 001
RIDE a little FASTER, RIDE a little FURTHER
14 FJR1300A (Ruby FeeJeR) 17 Versys 300X(Little Gray Bike) 19 Versys 1000LT SE (Flying Nun) 13 Vstrom 650(Wee III)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2020, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksklrst View Post
What can I say. Late Mountain Spring Storms. Like I said, if you ride the Rockies Mountains, be prepared as any thing can happen weather wise in the mountains. Same thing if you ever get the chance to ride the Alps.
Yea I've ridden both. No surprises in the Alps but was suprised by a sudden ice pellet storm after going thru Berthoud Pass on Rt 40 ( iirc) in Colorado.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-28-2020, 01:36 AM
Farkle Trainee

Left Denver late April a couple years ago on the FJR about 6:30 am heading west on I70. Checked with CO DOT and was told it was sunny and roads were dry through Vail Pass. Came out of the Eisenhower Tunnel into a blizzard. Roads were more slush than snow so I kept going and once I made it down to Gypsum yup it was sunny and the roads were dry. Weather in the mountains can be unpredictable.

13 FJR
13 990 SMT
06 R1200RT P (it followed me home)
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-01-2021, 09:43 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Oh man you're third picture gets me all clenched up! and in the fourth one there's slush built up under the front fender. No way man! Not for me. I'll ride down into the high 20's but not if there's going to be a "chance of moisture" since I don't know what kind of moisture it'll be. Every rider has their limits and yours is definitely below mine! 😁
the Ferret likes this.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-01-2021, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
FJR Top Gun

Lol I didnt PLAN to ride in it, just sorta happened

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page