First Real Ride Since Moving Bike to Dallas 18 Months Ago - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 01:48 AM
Training wheels fitted!

I used to live in Weatherford and the area west of there is some really beautiful country to ride in! Even the major highways out there are visually interesting. Some of the curviest roads are Hwy 4 from Palo Pinto south into Santo and Hwy 1148 on the backside of Possum Kingdom Lake. Maryís Cafe in Strawn and the Hungry Fox off of 1148, Possum Kingdom Lake, were favorite lunch spots. Thereís a variety of other interesting roads, some small, some large. The area is bounded by Hwy 380 on the north, Hwy 281 to the East, I-20 to the south.
bounce likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 09:40 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

On your way through to those areas, Lake Worth has a place called Navajo Burgers near i820 and 7028 Navajo Trail.

Order the Junkyard Burger "old school". The current version is a "loaded" cheeseburger. You have to ask for it the "old way" and it will be a meal for 2 with the double-patty cheese burger hiding in there somewhere.
skippy344! likes this.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 11:00 AM
Farkle Trainee

Us Texas FJR Owners should get together and meet up, we live close by Texas standards anyway. I'm in the DFW area. Ida Rd anyone???

2008 FJR1300 (current)
2013 FJR1300 (sold)
2007 Goldwing (sold)
2005 FJR1300 (traded in)

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 11:22 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximrebel View Post
Us Texas FJR Owners should get together and meet up, we live close by Texas standards anyway. I'm in the DFW area. Ida Rd anyone???
I would love to, but COVID-19 is on the uptick, here in BCS!

Stupid students think they are invincible, and are making the rest of us sick! LOL

I am afraid to leave my driveway!

But yeah, one day, we are going to have to meet up in Kerrville, and go ride the Twisted Sisters!
bounce and maximrebel like this.

'06 FJR1300A - Orion the Hunter

Greg

Old Corral

1977 Yamaha YZ-80 - Dirty Girl
1978 Yamaha YZ-125 - Dirt in the Shirt
1976 Yamaha XS500 - Old Blue
1980 Yamaha XS850SG - Twisted Triple or "TT"
1980 Yamaha XS11SG - Scorpion
1998 Kawasaki Voyager XII - Kermit

Family Member bikes
1982 Yamaha XJ650J - Whole Lotta Rosie
1982 Yamaha Virago 750 - "V"
2007 Honda CBR600RR - Holy S&!T
2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S - Tiny Spock
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 11:50 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy344! View Post
I would love to, but COVID-19 is on the uptick, here in BCS!

Stupid students think they are invincible, and are making the rest of us sick! LOL

I am afraid to leave my driveway!

But yeah, one day, we are going to have to meet up in Kerrville, and go ride the Twisted Sisters!
I'm the same way, being extremely careful. My wife teaches at TWU, trust me I know. However, you can social distance outside and still get together as long as you respect each other. I'm staying away from overnighters for now, I'll say that, but day rides with like-minded people is one of the best activities we can participate in to keep sane. It's easy to get gripped with fear if you let it, but you can still enjoy some things safely and motorcycling is one of the best out there. We're lucky that we live in an area that you can pretty much ride year-round; it would bite not to have that and put your bike away for the winter and not have that outlet with this still going on. At least that's MHO.

Just as an example; I put together a team from my work and a ride for this Sunday to sponsor the DFW Ride for Kids campaign; we have 11 riders and they know the rules to social distance. There are several people in the high risk category and everyone knows the rules; those that can't abide are not going. Everyone is bringing a mask and agreed to use it when needed, we don't need this to become a tragedy when we're doing something awesome to raise funds for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. I've been involved with them since 2009 and am normally one of the photographers for the DFW Ride for Kids campaign. This year the event at Texas Motor Speedway was cancelled due to COVID of course, but we had to find ways to raise funds, so I came up with a ride of my own. Doing it this Sunday, starting at Maxim Honda Yamaha going to Blue Ridge.

https://team.curethekids.org/fundraiser/2793443
skippy344! and GLB511 like this.

2008 FJR1300 (current)
2013 FJR1300 (sold)
2007 Goldwing (sold)
2005 FJR1300 (traded in)

Last edited by maximrebel; 09-25-2020 at 12:13 PM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2020, 12:37 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximrebel View Post
I'm the same way, being extremely careful. My wife teaches at TWU, trust me I know. However, you can social distance outside and still get together as long as you respect each other. I'm staying away from overnighters for now, I'll say that, but day rides with like-minded people is one of the best activities we can participate in to keep sane. It's easy to get gripped with fear if you let it, but you can still enjoy some things safely and motorcycling is one of the best out there. We're lucky that we live in an area that you can pretty much ride year-round; it would bite not to have that and put your bike away for the winter and not have that outlet with this still going on. At least that's MHO.

Just as an example; I put together a team from my work and a ride for this Sunday to sponsor the DFW Ride for Kids campaign; we have 11 riders and they know the rules to social distance. There are several people in the high risk category and everyone knows the rules; those that can't abide are not going. Everyone is bringing a mask and agreed to use it when needed, we don't need this to become a tragedy when we're doing something awesome to raise funds for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. I've been involved with them since 2009 and am normally one of the photographers for the DFW Ride for Kids campaign. This year the event at Texas Motor Speedway was cancelled due to COVID of course, but we had to find ways to raise funds, so I came up with a ride of my own. Doing it this Sunday, starting at Maxim Honda Yamaha going to Blue Ridge.

https://team.curethekids.org/fundraiser/2793443
WOW! This is excellent!! Good work, Man!!

And I totally agree with everything you said!! Ride On!

One day, I'll make it back up there!
maximrebel likes this.

'06 FJR1300A - Orion the Hunter

Greg

Old Corral

1977 Yamaha YZ-80 - Dirty Girl
1978 Yamaha YZ-125 - Dirt in the Shirt
1976 Yamaha XS500 - Old Blue
1980 Yamaha XS850SG - Twisted Triple or "TT"
1980 Yamaha XS11SG - Scorpion
1998 Kawasaki Voyager XII - Kermit

Family Member bikes
1982 Yamaha XJ650J - Whole Lotta Rosie
1982 Yamaha Virago 750 - "V"
2007 Honda CBR600RR - Holy S&!T
2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S - Tiny Spock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page