Missouri Boy Rides Southern California in January - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 01:14 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Awesome! Petey would approve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

You can say that again, Wheaton. Rides with me every mile.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 03:27 PM
Farkle Trainee

Southwest shuffle to get to "ELLLLAYYYY?" And how do they get away with a cat removal in SOCal? You got this from a Beemer dealer? Pictures are spectacular and glad you were able to negotiate that infamous curve that is a Youtube mainstay. Nice to get away from the constant grey here...and to ride a hopped up S1000 while you're at it. Knock out that mung you contracted, it's supposed to be 60 degrees Sunday!!!

May the wind take your troubles away.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainWreck View Post
And how do they get away with a cat removal in SOCal? You got this from a Beemer dealer?
Not a dealer, but a rental shop with several bikes and they also sold used computers. Can't imagine the cat removal did anything but make the bike louder and give it that 'pop pop.' I wanted to tell them how to block the AIS, so it wouldn't fart every time you rolled off throttle... but it may have added to the intimidation factor while lane splitting. Doing that on Sunset Blvd., I was literally stepping between the tires of vehicles in traffic. The bike renters were 'rooskies' so you know that have an in with Vladdy and the Prez, so, "Cats? we no need no steeenkin' cats."

Quote:
glad you were able to negotiate that infamous curve that is a Youtube mainstay.
Roger that. I didn't know where it was, but as I was strafing it... I could just see it from the videos. I did a u-turn and whipped back to do it again harder to see if I could 'figger why guys always lost it there... I figured there was a bump. Nope, it's good. It's such a long curve, that there's really no apex and it may tighten just enough to get a quick pucker, and that must do it. The only reason it's famous is because it has a big turnout lane going up the hill. I continued up to Calabasis and ended up running back the other way later. Liquid's patented route loops were offline because I didn't know the territory well enough and I didn't have my GPS.

Quote:
Knock out that mung you contracted, it's supposed to be 60 degrees Sunday!!!
So I hear. I'm punching the meds and I'll be good to ride Sunday. I'll have to do a quickie between church and a Superbowl party. My poor bikes at home need some exercise, that's for certain!

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 08:47 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Next time that wild hair strikes, message me, if you'd like company. Work permitting, I'll be there.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 10:19 PM
Farkle Trainee

Nice ride report. Glade to hear of your escape out of the cool north to a more accommodating south.

Current: 2013 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring - Rosie
Former: 1979 Honda CB750, 1994 Honda Magna, 1995 Honda Magna, 1982 Honda CBX, 1997 Honda Magna, 1997 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 2013 Yamaha FJR1300 - Gutnis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page